Innovative Marine Aquariums

New here, check out my nano tanks!

reefer_214

Hey y'all,

New to the nano reef tanks, got 3. Biggest one is a 14g IM NUVO Fusion Peninsula PRO 2 AIO, 2nd biggest is a 2-3g? don't remember where I bought it haha and smallest is a Small-In-One from PNW Customs.

IMG_0015.JPEG

IMG_0016.JPEG

IMG_0017.JPEG

IMG_0018.JPEG

IMG_0019.JPEG

• Like 11
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 12:33 AM, banasophia said:

Welcome to Nano-Reef! :welcome:

Nice tanks! Do you run some larger tanks as well? 

No, but I really want one of those fancy Red Sea Reefers so maybe one day 😄

• Like 1
On 10/19/2022 at 6:36 AM, debbeach13 said:

Welcome to NR. How long have you had the tanks. Everything looks so good.

I've only had the tanks running since August 10th, No coralline at all and I have all those corals lol

• Like 2
5 hours ago, reefer_214 said:

No, but I really want one of those fancy Red Sea Reefers so maybe one day 😄

Omg yes, you and me both! I would love to have a Red Sea Reefer someday!

TheCoffeeReef
4 hours ago, joshthebox said:

Nice tanks! I like that you have your tanks next to a window - use the natural light! My tank is situated similarly, and I find the corals respond great to the sunllight throughout the day. 

Interesting observation, I've got my pico next to a window, out of direct light, but it definitely gets some and wondered if it was helping the coral life settle 🤔

• Like 1

I’ve always heard it’s best to keep tanks away from the window because it can promote algae growth, but I never had any problems when my pico was by a window… I do keep a really good cleanup crew though. 

• Like 1
On 10/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, banasophia said:

I’ve always heard it’s best to keep tanks away from the window because it can promote algae growth, but I never had any problems when my pico was by a window… I do keep a really good cleanup crew though. 

I definitely don't open the blinds during the day because the algae can grow quickly but I've learned to control it. The protein skimmer does wonders for the bigger tank but the others I have to tend to often lol I use to have turbo snails that go ham on algae but I found that they put out too much bioload in return so now I just have hermit crabs.

• Like 2