Innovative Marine Aquariums

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

I actually did make it to World Wide Corals in Winter Park yesterday. Added 4 blue leg hermits and 2 Astraea snails. That should be good for now along with the trochus I took from the 20. I also picked up 3 zoanthid frags. Scrambled eggs with 6 polyps, Kedds reds with 9 polyps, both opened up after lights on and look great. The 3rd frag is called red skirts. This frag did not really open up last night and there is one tiny bubble algae on it. I will pull the frag today and just manually remove the algae. I have some revive but it is expired so I am tossing it. Maybe a quick peroxide dip before placing back in the tank. I will get pictures tonight. Hopefully they will all be open. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

ATO delivered yesterday and set up this morning. I have a few days to monitor how it goes before I will be gone on vacation.

How’d the setup go? I still need to set mine up. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Everyone seems OK to me. So I added a RFA and zoanthids. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love it! Is that a teal candy cane? That’s what I’m looking to add in my tank… haven’t identified any locally. 

I believe you are correct.

I wish it was easier to adjust the light for pictures. I like white with a hint of blue. Not a game changer since it is keeping the coral happy. The new ATO is working great maintaining a steady 1.025.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I believe you are correct.

I wish it was easier to adjust the light for pictures. I like white with a hint of blue. Not a game changer since it is keeping the coral happy. The new ATO is working great maintaining a steady 1.025.

Nice, did you get it from WWC? In my Biocube 16 I used to use my candy cane to white balance photos… it worked well for that. Not totally sure it was the same color as yours.

I was thinking the same thing, that I have my settings set pretty blue and I was debating whether to increase the white light some so pics will be easier. Have you tried to use a tinted lens for taking your pics? 

53 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Nice, did you get it from WWC?

I have had it awhile. I got it at Top Shelf Aquatics.

18 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

You could always order a BROWN,not orange filter and use it. Looks 1000x more realistic compared to orange. Bubbaque from R2R and who works @Top Shelf Aquaticshas a video on YT showing it off. 

I know some day I want to try out a filter, so my pictures are worth posting. I want another individual switch power strip first. With the holidays and birthdays my want list has to wait.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

You could always order a BROWN,not orange filter and use it. Looks 1000x more realistic compared to orange. Bubbaque from R2R and who works @Top Shelf Aquaticshas a video on YT showing it off. 

I’ll check that out! I find a lot of variability from one clip on to the next.

Hmmm… Tried to find their video about it but I couldn’t locate it? Lots of other good videos I’ll watch later though. 

57 minutes ago, banasophia said:

I’ll check that out! I find a lot of variability from one clip on to the next.

Hmmm… Tried to find their video about it but I couldn’t locate it? Lots of other good videos I’ll watch later though. 

Here you go:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Here you go:

I’ll have to try one of those! Thanks for posting the video. My guess is that the results will really depend on the spectrum you’re running on your tank… I’ve used orange or yellow on my Biocubes depending on the light phase. I love having a variety to get the most true to life photos. 

20 minutes ago, banasophia said:

I’ll have to try one of those! Thanks for posting the video. My guess is that the results will really depend on the spectrum you’re running on your tank… I’ve used orange or yellow on my Biocubes depending on the light phase. I love having a variety to get the most true to life photos. 

Absolutely. I have been meaning to order one,and a just crappy cell phone case and hot glue or super glue it to the crappy case so I can just switch cases for pictures. Because holding it will be a pain lol. The 53mm shouldn't be THAT bad. 

I personally don't like orange filters,they do too much lol. Over exaggerate things too much for my liking. 

• Like 1

This morning I did a 1-gallon water change, replaced the filter pad, and added carbon for the first time. I thought I added carbon before vacation, but I guess I didn't. I had reduced the lighting times and intensity before vacation. Today I adjusted it again lights on at 3pm blue and cyan 20% and white 5%, ramp up at 6pm blue 60%, cyan 50% and white 40% and off at midnight.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

This morning I did a 1-gallon water change, replaced the filter pad, and added carbon for the first time. I thought I added carbon before vacation, but I guess I didn't. I had reduced the lighting times and intensity before vacation. Today I adjusted it again lights on at 3pm blue and cyan 20% and white 5%, ramp up at 6pm blue 60%, cyan 50% and white 40% and off at midnight.

Ah yes I added the floss and carbon in mine when I stocked it last night… I like the little filter floss rack. 

I think I’ll need to change my light settings, too… keep us posted on how you like your new settings. 

• Like 1

This morning I decided to glue a couple of the zoa frags to some rock rubble. I cut the stem off the frag plug and glued plug crown. This is one of the frags recently purchased at WWC. I also glued the frag that  I had removed from the 20L which was not on a plug. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like half the tubes of super glue are air? So not much to look at right now but hopefully after lights on they open up. While busy getting glue all over my thumb, I got an Amazon delivery! My son must have heard me talking Sunday and sent me a poopsie present. A new individual switch power strip for this tank.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2