Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

• 2 weeks later...

I removed a few pieces of rubble from behind the rocks. Then I rearranged the scape. I am unsure what I want to put in that rock on the left. I might be able get to the LFS this week to check out after holiday sales. Maybe find a fish. I think the corals are looking puffy tonight.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I removed a few pieces of rubble from behind the rocks. Then I rearranged the scape. I am unsure what I want to put in that rock on the left. I might be able get to the LFS this week to check out after holiday sales. Maybe find a fish. I think the corals are looking puffy tonight.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Beautiful!! Your corals are all so colorful and look very happy. And your tank looks so clean!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Morning. 

Woke up to NO FLOW in the tank. Took the pump out of the back chamber and it needs a cleaning. But I cannot get the dam thing apart. These old slightly arthritic hands just have no strength. I cleaned it up as best I could without actually getting it apart. Putback in the tank. It was working intermittently, starting and stopping. Took it back out. Fortunately, I dug out a pump from the equipment box in the garage. It is an MJ606 and it fit perfect. We have flow back. 

I think ZIRO Jinxed me. 

He didn't know that old reefers have backup items like heaters and pumps just in case. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thanks for the reminder. I normally would do that next but I am going to see my family tonight. Hopefully one of them can get it apart. I can then clean everything separately. Might be a piece of sand or just gunk. 

• Like 3
growsomething

I have this problem every time I turn off my Sicce for feeding, water change, electric goes off, anything.  They have a very low starting torque.  Not sure if you have an a/c or d/c pump.  I have to take a 14" long cold steel chisel and tap HARD on the pump a dozen times to get it to start.  Did a citric acid cleanse, no difference noted.  Really annoying.  Thinking of switching to d/c.

• Like 1

You’re using the stock pump too, right? I couldn’t take mine apart either… I was able to clean the exterior and get it working normally again when I had an issue with it running really noisy, but I have a back up pump on hand just in case something goes wrong and I can’t fix it. 

Keep us posted if you’re able to take it apart!

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

This is the pump that came with the tank. Is it the same one?

image.jpg

image.jpg

With that pump, the bottom section (with the suction cups) slides away from the power cord.  Grab the main body with one hand and pull the bottom section away from the power cord with your other hand.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, seabass said:

With that pump, the bottom section (with the suction cups) slides away from the power cord.  Grab the main body with one hand and pull the bottom section away from the power cord with your other hand.

I’ll try that next time too, thanks!! I don’t think that’s what I was doing. 

• Like 1

It's not just me. both of my sons tried, and they could not pull it apart. Then we even tried to use a small flat head to pry it a little, no luck. Tomorrow I will some soak it in vinegar. This is the first pump I have ever owned that didn't come apart so you could clean it. I can't find any info about it online either. Wish I could read the instruction manual. It just really looks like it should pull apart.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It's not just me. both of my sons tried, and they could not pull it apart. Then we even tried to use a small flat head to pry it a little, no luck. Tomorrow I will some soak it in vinegar. This is the first pump I have ever owned that didn't come apart so you could clean it. I can't find any info about it online either. Wish I could read the instruction manual. It just really looks like it should pull apart.  

Yeah that’s the one I have too… I’ll try to pull mine out during my water change tomorrow and try the way @seabass mentioned…

• Like 2
On 1/21/2023 at 6:26 AM, seabass said:

Try soaking the old pump in vinegar for a couple of hours, then start it up again.

Use citric acid much better if there is a magnet in there.......... used to use vinegar but it destroys things over time........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1