Cultivated Reef

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

I am almost ready to put it to a vote or I am considering a couple mystery frag packs from WWC and just see what I get!

Don't forget Lazy reefer here. A KISS tank is what I like. Pump, light, heater and ATO. Using regular weekly water changes to maintain parameters. I would be ok and have in the past manually dosed things like nano A + B. I do have some B-Ionic calcium buffer system in the cabinet. When I do dose it is usually half of the recommended amount and just a couple times a week not every day. Just to add a little something.

• Like 3

This is the heater I got. It has been in the tank a couple days but being in Florida I don’t believe it has had to heat anything up yet. Also used the last of the fluval cycle booster yesterday. I did get some Bio-spira
but haven’t added any yet. 
Also I lied or changed my mind, yeah that sounds better. A couple corals have been moved in here. Lights off but  here are pictures. I am also going to move the hammer over here. With these additions I think I will be looking for some ricordea and zoanthids when I go shopping. Sorry about all the reflection.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

The heater with the sensor above it are in chamber 2. Plenty of room even with the media block WWC gave me also in there. If it works out to be reliable, I think it was a deal at $22.00

Great… I think I’ll order one!! 

Okay, you got a good deal, looks like it’s $56 on Amazon!!!

Yes, I purchased from Premium Aquatics, 

Last night I used the 8.45oz bottle which treats up to 75 gallons. A couple cap full doses into the 20L then half the remanding bottle in the IM10 and half in the studio 12.

• Like 1

Thanks. I hope I can get to the LFS soon. Been very busy with the grand kids. I have them this week from tomorrow night to Sunday. Still might get to the store when they are in school. I would take them, but I often spend more if they are with me! 

• Like 2

Looking forward to the progression of this build!

I wanted to ask you how you are liking the setup?  I've been wanted to get back into the hobby as of late and it looks like Reef Casa has some awesome bundle deals available.  

Thanks!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ml86743 said:

Looking forward to the progression of this build!

I wanted to ask you how you are liking the setup?  I've been wanted to get back into the hobby as of late and it looks like Reef Casa has some awesome bundle deals available.  

Thanks!

Me too! Especially how the corals due with this light. 

I have always liked tanks that are a bit longer than tall, So I enjoy the look of the tank. Plus, for me a tank that isn't so tall is much easier to clean the chambers of an all in one.

This design with the longer middle back chamber is sweet. Opening up lots of possibilities what to put in there.

This is such a fun, sometimes frustrating hobby. I have had at least one tank in my home for over 30 years. I say, "Go ahead get wet again."

• Like 1
19 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Me too! Especially how the corals due with this light. 

I have always liked tanks that are a bit longer than tall, So I enjoy the look of the tank. Plus, for me a tank that isn't so tall is much easier to clean the chambers of an all in one.

This design with the longer middle back chamber is sweet. Opening up lots of possibilities what to put in there.

This is such a fun, sometimes frustrating hobby. I have had at least one tank in my home for over 30 years. I say, "Go ahead get wet again."

Awesome, glad to hear it.  

Yeah...the reef bug is always just around the corner.  I've got a bunch of odds and ends laying around figured its time...

Thanks for the input!

Excited for the next move for your tank, I'll be dropping in!

• Like 2

Back home today after staying with the grandkids since Wednesday night. Did not get to the LFS yet. Came home to lots of diatoms and more green algae. I apologize for no pictures; I took a couple but right now my phone gives me an error when I try to load them. I used a turkey baster to blow the diatoms around. After an hour I did a 1-gallon WC while vacuuming the sand and changed out the filter pad. I am not running any carbon yet. Does anyone think I should? Added 1 snail from the 20L. Lastly, I turned the whites down from 40% to 20% for the peak time slot. I imagine the diatoms will reappear and that's OK. Just part of the process. 

• Like 2

Not sure about the carbon… I know Chemipure Elite has GFO and that can remove silicates which can contribute to diatoms… but I think diatoms typically clear up on their own in about a week anyway so you could just wait it out… alternatively could stir, or get some CUC that will eat it. 

I usually don't use carbon when cycling. I have no experience with GFO, I buy loose carbon and use it sparingly 6 to 8 teaspoons in a 20 gallon. 

2 hours ago, banasophia said:

but I think diatoms typically clear up on their own in about a week anyway so you could just wait it out… alternatively could stir, or get some CUC that will eat it. 

I have been stirring and basting, I shouldn't say it again - plan to get water tested and a CUC tomorrow.

• Like 1