Innovative Marine Aquariums

Deb’s Studio 12 Aquarium

debbeach13

First things first. 
A big shout out and Thank you to  reefcasa.com for this wonderful set up.

This kit came with the tank, pump / plumbing for the pump, a RFG, filter media and a halo light!. I filled the tank yesterday using RO bottled water from Walmart and used a mix of half instant ocean and half reef crystals. Mixed in the tank. 

image.jpg

63E32B92-5194-4B1E-992B-ADD5D4B94B72.jpeg

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Day 2. Checking out the tank.

Nothing going on in here. Well unless I count a tiny bit of sand moving away from the glass due to the flow.
Add 2nd dose of bacteria and a tiny bit of frozen brine shrimp.

6E6AB98B-2BC8-4095-A30C-101E1FF635DD.jpeg

It looks wonderful, Deb. What are your stocking plans? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glue all over me and the rocks. Used two plus tubes on the middle (3 rocks)and rIght(2 rocks). Pretty sure I could easily pull them apart. The left is also 2 rocks previously glued and in about the same shape. All out of glue. Went to petco and got another bottle of biological booster. Dosed all 3 tanks.

No fish yet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Day 5. Ok that was yesterday. Dosed the tank again. 

Day 6.

Oh my!     Guy's, I have to tell you this light is so light (not heavy) I am so excited about that. It is the first clamp on light that I am not concerned at all about hanging it on the back. I who has become more and more technically challenged in my elder years just programmed this light. Well, I think I did. It was easy as it possibly could be. The first results will not be known until 3pm. That is when I am expecting it to turn on. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Just got home and the light is on. Check out the no wire clean look.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love the look of it!! Glad to hear it was straightforward to program. 

Day 7. Yesterday, honestly did not do anything to this tank.

Day 8. Checked SG 1.028 adjusted to 1.025 manual top. Still nothing living in the tank so no worries about the swing. Made a minor adjustment to the peak hours of the lighting schedule, turned the whites up from 20% to 40%. Hard to tell where I really want it without some corals, but I personally am not a fan of a really blue tank.

Lights on at 3pm                                          Ramp up at 7pm                                Off at 11pm

royal blue                    20%                                                    100%                                                  0

cyan                            20%                                                     100%                                                  0

white                           5%                                                         40%                                                  0

I am being so good - as tempting as it is I will not even transfer a snail over here. Working on my budget and should make a trip to WWC soon.

• Like 2

A trip to WWC??? Is it local to you? Lucky!

Did the light come with any tips on good starter settings, or were you able to find a video? 

Yes, WWC Orlando is 30 minutes and Winter Park is 35 minutes. Plus, Winter Park is my oldest son lives.

I followed the instructions from the web site using my laptop. There is a code you can scan with your phone in the box. I am too slow for that. My schedule is what they recommend except for the change I made this morning on the whites. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Yes, WWC Orlando is 30 minutes and Winter Park is 35 minutes. Plus, Winter Park is my oldest son lives.

I followed the instructions from the web site using my laptop. There is a code you can scan with your phone in the box. I am too slow for that. My schedule is what they recommend except for the change I made this morning on the whites. 

Oh good, sounds like they make the light programming pretty easy to figure out. 

The temperature yesterday was 51 when I got up. I love it. It reminded me I don't have a heater in here. I ordered a couple from Premium Aquatics Finnex 50Watt titanium on sale for $22. One for the tank and a backup. Expected delivery on Saturday. 

• Like 3

Day 8. Visited WWC today. They tested for me. Nitrite at .25 means no coral today. They calibrated my refractometer and gave me a bio media block from their sump. Said I should add some more bacteria and come back next week

image.jpg

• Like 4