Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Based on Florida Gulf Live Rock 2022

dobermom

It begins! 

Plans are to build a nano reef based on Florida Gulf live sand and live rock and the benign to beneficial hitchhikers that come with it. Any other animals and macroalgaes are to be decided, although my initial wish list includes:

One tailspot goby

One cleaner shrimp

A few rock flower anemones

A few sexy shrimp

A porcelain crab

A tuxedo urchin

9/26/2022: The unboxing. FZone rimless 10 gallon aquarium, 17.7W x 11.8D x 11.8H. 

20220926_105823~2.jpg

20220926_110239.jpg

Fast forward to 10/2: Here is the tank and basic equipment (for the tecchies among us): Fiji AIO 20l filter box (had it sitting around), parts from a 40g breeder lid to make a glass top, some lid clips, Fluval Sea and Marine Nano lamp, some house dust 😄, and you can see the boxes for the rest of the basic equipment. 

10/3: Waiting for paint to dry (non-toxic acrylic enamel, dishwasher safe after drying). Blocking light from the filter box, a decision based on past experience. 😉

20221003_120204.jpg

20221003_144514.jpg

10/3: Testing the lamp's auto setting for mid-day spectrum. It renders reds cooler, but the colors look nice, not drastically altered. I will make changes according to the needs of the inhabitants.  The second photo is the same tea boxes on the kitchen counter near the window. The tank, by the way, is in a temporary location atop a small refrigerator pending the house renovation to begin about a year from now. It will be relocated to my son's house (across the road) during the renovation and then brought back and put in its permanent location.

20221003_120407~2.jpg

20221003_120448~2.jpg

• Like 1
Looselyhuman

Looking forward to another GLR tank!

Speaking of, I really like my rock from gulfliverock.com. KP and TBS didn't have a good nano package available to ship when I was ready, so gave gulfliverock a shot. Lots and lots of life.

• Like 1