Cultivated Reef

Studio 12 Aquarium Kit - offered by reefcasa.com

debbeach13

Hello! 

Hope this message finds you well

Love what you have done with the Im fusion 10

Would you be interested in a free reefcasa studio 12 aquarium (reefcasa.com)

It would come as a kit and with a light to get it up and running

In exchange we ask that you start a thread on that tank and document its progress

Let us know if interested! 

Thanks

March

Fragbox Tv on youtube

fragboxcorals@gmail.com

I said yes I can do that!

• Like 5

Honestly, I am still in shock that I was asked. There are so many reefers with gorgeous tanks compared to mine. My first thought was maybe they want to show case how anyone can set this up and have a nice little reef. Now that I have seen Tia's studio 12 display. I am a little nervous. Maybe a little jealous that there is no way I could ever afford to buy all those corals.  

No matter I will come up with something. Hopefully it will be entertaining and informative.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I got the tracking number. I better look in the garage for some rock.

So............................ whens it show....................... hopefully doesnt come with baggage.............. :lol: 

• Haha 1
Nano sapiens

I received the same notice..  My gut feeling is that they are looking at high post counts and those who have been on here for a long time, not so much at specific aquariums or reading up on the build threads.

While not my thing, I hope this all goes well for you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 10/4/2022 at 7:33 AM, debbeach13 said:

Honestly, I am still in shock that I was asked. There are so many reefers with gorgeous tanks compared to mine. My first thought was maybe they want to show case how anyone can set this up and have a nice little reef. Now that I have seen Tia's studio 12 display. I am a little nervous. Maybe a little jealous that there is no way I could ever afford to buy all those corals.  

No matter I will come up with something. Hopefully it will be entertaining and informative.

Do a simple budget build 🙂

• Like 2

Ya, Tia’s tank had a ton of coral and livestock in it.  Kinda unrealistic for a regular person who doesn’t work in a store, or have very deep pocketed, to do something similar.  It’s like $3000 worth of stuff without even counting the equipment! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I found the rock. Should be plenty. Going to resurrect The stand I built for the Evo 5. Going to have to make a new top. Pretty sure it is short by one inch.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

looks like pukani ? 

It most likely is dry rock purchased from BRS that came out of a 10-gallon BTA tank that I took down.

I checked the new tank dimensions and I believe front to back is 15" which would NOT require a new top on the stand. Less work for me:)

Well BRS used to sell pukani....... one of my favorite type to use as its light and very porous easy to cut and drill also if needed...... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

The tank was delivered today. I did unbox it. Wanted to make sure it wasn't broken. It appears fine.

I will start an official journal no later than this weekend.

Where are the pics…..

cmon now…… :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Went over to Publix grabbed the last 3 gallons of distilled water. Went to Wally World AKA Walmart got 10 gallons of RO water and a couple packs of super glue gel. Going to test out the pump then drain out the tap water. 
things to do

mix up SW 

rinse out sand

glue some rocks

start a journal about setup

DE4A5CC4-AA83-498F-A200-98650FEC7DBA.jpeg

• Like 5