ReefCleaners.org

90 Day Nano-Reno Contest 🔨

seabass

I need to stick the camera down the drain on one of the runs, but I'm skeered. There might be wubbits growing in that pipe. That said, I haven't done anything with that drain in 7 years, lol.

• Like 1

Are there rules about swapping tanks? 

I have a 25 gallon and a 20 gallon that are both overrun with cyano, hair algae, and dinos. I pretty much have done the bare minimum (feeding and top off) for the past 2 years. I haven't even checked salinity. 🤷‍♀️

I was thinking about moving everything from the 20 gallon into a 10 gallon, and then everything from the 25 gallon into the 20 gallon. The tanks are just disgusting and need to be cleaned out completely. 

Funny I happened across this contest. I have family coming to stay with us the week before Christmas, and I was going to try and reset everything before then. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Are there rules about swapping tanks?

There are practically no rules at all.  I'm alright with switching tanks.  Just post your before pics, do your reno, then send me the before and after pics at the end of the contest.  I'm looking forward to seeing the progress; and good luck in the contest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

tims-christmas-quotes.jpg.fb891e842c9621c1f8b420dda769e497.jpg

Mark: So Santa is alive?

Jill: Sure, you sat on his lap at the mall.

Mark: But there are a lot of malls. How could Santa be at every one?

Tim: He's really fast for a fat guy!

• Like 2

tims-christmas-quotes.jpg.17b0178fcbd34f13991b05ad6254d065.jpg

Al: I saw Mark in his costume. I always wanted to be the letter N.

Tim: That's impossible, Al. The song specifically says No Al.

Tim: [singing to the tune of Noel] No Al, No Al, No Al, No Al.

Brad: All I wanted to do was be with my friends. A lot of people I like are going to be down there.

Tim: Christmas is not about being with people you like. It's about being with your family.

• Haha 3

Jill: Tim, wait a second, I need to talk to you.

Tim: [pushing a fake camel for his Christmas light display] Not right now, I gotta go light up a camel.

• Haha 2

Tim: I'm through putting Christmas lights on this house. I'm giving all the holiday lights to the homeless.

Jill: And where exactly are the homeless going to hang them?

Tim: Good point.

spacer.png

Pictures & Summary Requirement

Everyone participating in the 90 Day Nano-Reno contest will be required to send me a message including:

1. One to three Before pictures, AND one to three After pictures.  Be sure that you identify which photos are which.  You must have at least one Before pic, and one After pic in order to qualify for a prize.  These pictures could be from the same viewpoint (like a similar Before and After full tank shot) or just various pictures taken before and after your renovation.

Since non-premium members can only add pictures in messages using URLs,  you can attach your Before and After pics in a new journal post.  If you do that, just let me know that's where I can find your photos (and which photos are your Before pics, and which are your After pics).  No videos will be allowed.

2. An optional summary of no more than 200 words.  This could include things like methods, products and/or equipment used, what was changed, what you learned, reno tips for others, etc.

Your message must be sent to me, @seabass, sometime between December 30th, 2022 and January 15th, 2023.  Send me (or post) full-sized photos.  For voting purposes, I'll reformat your message (and make photo thumbnails) as follows:

Username, Journal Thread Title

(click on the thread title to go to the contestant's journal thread)

Before

(click on photos to enlarge)

camera_art.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg

After

camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg

Summary

You may include an optional summary consisting of up to 200 words.  I'll use WordCount.com to check the length.  Summaries which are longer than 200 words will be truncated (leaving just the first 200 words).  You can share additional details inside your journal thread.

I'll re-post all this information just prior to the end of the contest.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Good luck!

90 Day Nano-Reno 🔨

Brought to you by:

binford-tools.jpg.4be8d13c6fd79b80c56bc706db38f157.jpg & spacer.png

Edited by seabass
Allowance for posting pics.
  • Like 2

Note: It has been brought to my attention that non-premium members can only attach pictures in messages by using URLs.  Therefore, I will also allow people to post their Before and After pics in a new journal post.  If you do that, just let me know that's where I can find your photos.

I've edited the above post to reflect this allowance.

• Like 3

Just a reminder that there's still time to enter.  You have until December 29th to take your Before pics, and until January 15th to send me a message with your pics and summary.

image.png.7881635cfc29bcd155d4ef8e7e240d22.png

Reminder:  Time is running out.  This contest ends at midnight on December 29th.  But then you still have until the 15th of January to take your final pics and get them to me.  And for those not entered yet, you still have time for a quick cleanup reno.  It's hard to say what might get votes.  Good luck everyone.

spacer.png

Reminder: Pictures & Summary Requirement

Once again, everyone participating in the 90 Day Nano-Reno contest will be required to send me a message, and provide:

1. One to three Before pictures, AND one to three After pictures.  Be sure that you identify which photos are which.  You must have at least one Before pic, and one After pic in order to qualify for a prize.  These pictures could be from the same viewpoint (like a similar Before and After full tank shot) or just various pictures taken before and after your renovation.

Pictures may be included in your message; however, since non-premium members can only add pictures in messages by using URLs, you can attach your Before and After pics in a new journal post.  If you do that, just let me know that's where I can find your photos (and which photos are your Before pics, and which are your After pics).  No videos allowed.

2. An optional summary of no more than 200 words.  This could include things like methods, products and/or equipment used, what was changed, what you learned, reno tips for others, etc.

Your message must be sent to me, @seabass, sometime between December 30th, 2022 and January 15th, 2023.  Send (or post) full-sized photos.  For voting purposes, I'll reformat your message (and make photo thumbnails) as follows:

Username, Journal Thread Title

(click on the thread title to go to the contestant's journal thread)

Before

camera_art.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg

After

camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg   camera_art.thumb.jpg.a60fe7e08ac51a0844ad7594108ac60f.jpg

Summary

You may include an optional summary consisting of up to 200 words.  I'll use WordCount.com to check the length.  Summaries which are longer than 200 words will be truncated (leaving just the first 200 words).  You can share additional details inside your journal thread.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Good luck!

90 Day Nano-Reno 🔨

Brought to you by:

binford-tools.jpg.4be8d13c6fd79b80c56bc706db38f157.jpg & spacer.png