Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

90 Day Nano-Reno Contest 🔨

seabass

This is what I'm into right now. Being semi retired gives me options like fishing all summer. If air cargo gets it's ass sorted out, I might go back to doing saltwater imports but as of now I'm not risking $20,000+ on a shipment. Sri Lanka is a total shit show right now too with the civil unrest. Damn shame, one of my favorite places to get fish from.

IMGP0040.JPG

IMGP0057.JPG

IMGP0069.JPG

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, seabass said:

Just thought I'd share... here's my heater:

w100222a.thumb.jpg.8189c9bac530d0c596f2b8ef6cde3c19.jpg

My tank doesn't even look that bad................. and I am lazy............ well to my standards.............:wink: 

I havent even started a thread on it............. 

• Haha 5
29 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

What is that? Algae? :eek:

I wish... they're crunchy.   They almost look like Vermetid snails; but I figure they might be colonial hydroids.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe this will motivate me to do a water change, siphon the sandbed, and clean the glass on my tank that I haven't started a journal of. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, seabass said:

I wish... they're crunchy.   They almost look like Vermetid snails; but I figure they might be colonial hydroids.

Freaky! I have tons of vermetids in my 32… one of the many problems I need to address with my tanks. I think this is going to take more than 90 days!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

wilson-fence.jpg.61a7bbf555fabbcba0e68871d1609194.jpg

I see that a few of you have already begun, but I'd love to see more.  I know that there are other tanks in need of attention, and people who'd love to sport a Nano-Reef T-shirt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, seabass said:
I'm hoping that someone decides to create a whole new aquascape.
OGC.9481bd6501a2b50c84fb5cce30316ac7?pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f25JgMcsSndyuBkoaV2%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=a59l5dRWE428BAhBfnreJW4rTuE5ATB2Wvks0OBCDJs%3d
Time to break some rocks. [grunting]

Send me some pukani and sure thing…..:wink: stuff is hard to find now….

• Agree 1

Might be the start of joining the contest. New tool. Shown next to sort of old tool. Which was actually use to swoosh. Swoosh salt around in the bottom of a bucket or swoosh detritus around in back chambers. My arm and a single edge razor was always use for anything a magnet cleaner didn’t get. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

All my tanks have been neglected for past 10 or so months lol So I should probably join this to give me some motivation. 

I am so glad to see others are neglecting theirs too! It makes me feel like less of a monster!!

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I am so glad to see others are neglecting theirs too! It makes me feel like less of a monster!!

You are definitely not a monster. Life happens to all of us. Tanks being put on the back burner, or autopilot I think happens pretty often. We just never see it, because most of us only take pictures when things are looking great. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

No deadline to join right?

I did not see one.

11 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

You are definitely not a monster. Life happens to all of us. Tanks being put on the back burner, or autopilot I think happens pretty often. We just never see it, because most of us only take pictures when things are looking great. 

I have been doing tank maintenance but ignoring housework.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

No deadline to join right? Just whenever I get a chance to take pics? 

Need to decide which tank to enter.. ahh! 

You can enter anytime up to midnight on December 29th.  I suggest that you take (and post) before pics of all of the tanks, then decide which one you'd like to submit (with before and after pics, and optional summary).  You have until January 15th to decide and send them to me.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I did not see one.

I have been doing tank maintenance but ignoring housework.

With all of the fishing we've been doing my house looks like a dump, lol. If I'm not fishing, I'm working and M is in school or working so we might clean once every 2 weeks or when the dog hair tumble weeds look like hedgehogs. 😄 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My pest tank had an oopsy and it would be a great oportunity to renovate it

That would literally not cost me a dime if my girlfriend would finally upgrade her freshwater tank and i could use her old 30liters.

All the equipment here and i can always get pests for free from local enthusiast

20221016_113902.jpg

• Like 4