Top Shelf Aquatics

Recommended AI Prime settings for a Fluval Evo (13.5 gallon)?

lostrider

Hey everyone.

My 13.5 gallon tank just finished cycling. My goal is to do soft corals and some easier LPS corals down the line. This is my first saltwater aquarium so taking things slow at the moment.

My LFS suggested their settings for the AI Prime 16HD; which was basically max UV, violet, royal, and blue, then low green and red, and lower cool white. I found that these settings made my fan noisier. On the other hand, I know there are downloadable signature settings on AI’s website.

I am curious what other people here do and suggest. Learning how to set up an ATO and RODI system first time…I can figure that out! But light settings seem very subjective and complicated, so looking for any advice. Right now the light is maybe 12 inches on top of the water, but I can adjust that if needed.

Kind regards!

I'd strongly advise against turning the "UV" and violet diodes past 60%, most users end up burning their lenses when they max it out. You can google "AI prime burn lens" to see what I'm talking about. Lens can be replaced but this is just a word of caution if you choose to go this route.

I prefer a whiter look and so I start off 10K and adjust the sliders for my liking, I also use mobius app to control my prime so I'm not sure if you can adjust by kelvin if you're using AI's app. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ptora said:

I'd strongly advise against turning the "UV" and violet diodes past 60%, most users end up burning their lenses when they max it out. You can google "AI prime burn lens" to see what I'm talking about. Lens can be replaced but this is just a word of caution if you choose to go this route.

I prefer a whiter look and so I start off 10K and adjust the sliders for my liking, I also use mobius app to control my prime so I'm not sure if you can adjust by kelvin if you're using AI's app. 

Thanks for the info. I heard about lenses burning out. I found a program people use on the Evo Facebook group and the settings are MUCH lower than max. So far I only have one fish, so hard to tell if it’s right or not.