Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Nuvo 20

ninjamyst

Got a too good to pass up deal on an used Nuvo 20 so decided to swap out my 13.5g with it.  The 13.5 is a peninsula that doesn't orient well with where it is now at a new house.  The 20g standard tank fits much better.  I also been dealing with cyano / dino in the 13.5g for the past 6 months and just got tired of it.  

I will post weekly updates for this nano.  I pulled some live rocks from my 200g and got some dry rock from garage.  Instant cycle =).  For those who followed my red sea reefer 350 build, I basically recreated the rock scape from that build.  This is going to be a fast build since I have lot of corals I can move over from my 200g.  FTS every week!!

Day 1:

DSC_1720-01.thumb.jpeg.6a43a1bc04d3bc43edd499ccacf53d9d.jpeg

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Jaren45 said:

Love that light I had one over my nuvo 20 for the past year before upgrading

What did you upgrade to?  I love the SmatFarm.  I have an AI and a Radion in the garage and I chose the SmatFarm over those. Hahah

9 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

What did you upgrade to?  I love the SmatFarm.  I have an AI and a Radion in the garage and I chose the SmatFarm over those. Hahah

A neptune sky the shimmer was starting to drive me crazy. Grew coral super well though, they both do. I also think the color rendition is a touch better (as you would expect from a light like 5x the cost)

• Like 1