Coral Vue Hydros

Marcos Carrillo

Marcos Carrillo

Noticed some weird patches on my clownfish. Not sure if my Duncan is triggering this or I just brought something in when I put in some gobies. Anything helps please and thank you! (not sure how to submit pictures one here)

Marcos Carrillo

Just like 2 days ago for visible symptoms. Water quality is good everything is normal it’s a mature tank and has been running for 3 years now. I did a water change yesterday as well. Anything you would recommend to treat if it is a bacterial infection? The only near saltwater location to me  is a petco. 

Marcos Carrillo
8 hours ago, seabass said:

Poor thing. :sad:  My first impression is a bacterial infection.  How long has it had visible symptoms?  How is the water quality?

It kind of looks similar to brooklynella. The patches and colors of infection go along with those of online. 

2 hours ago, Marcos Carrillo said:

Anything you would recommend to treat if it is a bacterial infection?

https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/the-bacterial-infection-predicament.1330/

A proper ID is crucial.  To me, at least, it doesn't appear to be Brook.  Hopefully @Humblefish can weigh in; I'm notoriously bad at identifying fish diseases.  If nothing else, there is excellent content on Humblefish's site:  https://www.humble.fish/community/index.php?information/

• Like 1

It's either a bacterial infection or Uronema. (Hopefully not the latter.) Either way, I would QT & treat with Kanaplex + Metroplex to cover both possibilities. Dose both together every 48 hours for at least 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Marcos Carrillo
2 hours ago, Humblefish said:

Kanamycin + Metronidazole are the respective active ingredients if you can't get aquarium medications. Dosages for both can be found here: https://humble.fish/community/index.php?threads/medication-dosing-guide.1124/

I wouldn’t be able to treat the whole tank? Or would need another tank for this I’ve never really had anything like this happen. Please let me know I want to go to petco and see if I can find something.

Marcos Carrillo

Quarantining. I don’t think he’ll make it 😞 let’s hope for the best. Very abnormal and seems like my buddy is breathing very rapidly 😞 . image.thumb.jpg.35aec953532bbf2fd6994468a65acf2e.jpg

At this point, I would suggest buying some clove essential oil at a local health food store or similar. Clove oil can be used to humanely euthanize fish, as an alternative to leaving them to suffer. A fish that looks distinctly worse than yesterday, and is in this bad of a shape, is probably not likely to recover. 

• Sad 1
Marcos Carrillo
3 hours ago, Tired said:

At this point, I would suggest buying some clove essential oil at a local health food store or similar. Clove oil can be used to humanely euthanize fish, as an alternative to leaving them to suffer. A fish that looks distinctly worse than yesterday, and is in this bad of a shape, is probably not likely to recover. 

I’m honestly thinking this is the best thing for my clown instead of watching him suffer. The only thing I have is isopropyl alcohol would that work? If not I would have to wait til tomorrow after 4pm to go hunt down some clove oil.

Do NOT dip your clownfish in alcohol. That would kill it, but would be wildly inhumane. 

There is an instant method of killing fish, that's also humane, but it's emotionally a lot harder to do. If you can figure out a way to crush an animal's skull completely in one blow, it'll be dead instantly. I've done it with badly injured small lizards; put the lizard on the sidewalk, cover it in a paper towel to keep it calm, and hit the head with the flat side of a brick as hard as possible. I don't know how you'd manage something similar with a fish, is the main problem.