Coral Vue Hydros

Has anyone been getting weird messages on here ?

Reefkid88

I have gotten a few lately,one being today and kinda just weirds me out. Trying to sell me stuff with 0 posts and just joining. Something just rubs me the wrong way. 

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I get a few from time to time asking me to be friends, they never get back to me either after I respond 😭😭

1 minute ago, schg said:

It happens on all forums I’m part of. It seems like a common scam to look for people wanting to buy things specifically. 

I literally just had it happen,asking me to email them they have a mp10 controller for sale. But only wanted to communicate thru email it seemed like. Supppper damn sketchy if you ask me and I even told them that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So this dude says he lives overseas, and got a great deal on a large shipment of MP10 powerheads.  He can let me have as many as I want for roughly $25 USD each (plus a small but variable export fee).  He just needs my address and bank account number so that, once the package is ready, he can charge me the current exchange rate and customs duty charges.  I figure that I'll buy 20 and sell them here for $50 apiece. :bling:  I'm super stoked. :happydance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Let the record reflect:

any weird messages that someone may receive “you need to rip clean your reef to fix it” are indeed not a spam and are for your own good. No money will be traded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, brandon429 said:

Let the record reflect:

any weird messages that someone may receive “you need to rip clean your reef to fix it” are indeed not a spam and are for your own good. No money will be traded.

I mean I get that,but wth lol idk what to even say to that. That was not the case with this scenario. 

1 hour ago, seabass said:

So this dude says he's from outside of the states, and got a great deal on a large shipment of MP10 powerheads.  He can let me have as many as I want for $25 USD each (plus a small but variable import fee).  He just needs an address and my bank account number so that he can charge me the going exchange rate and customs duty charges.  I figure that I'll buy 20 and sell them here for $50 apiece. :bling:  I'm super stoked. :happydance:

Yeaaaah,that is SUPER DUPER MAX sketchy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Christopher Marks
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I have gotten a few lately,one being today and kinda just weirds me out. Trying to sell me stuff with 0 posts and just joining. Something just rubs me the wrong way. 

Please report these users to me so I can block them from the community. This is a common scam tactic. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Please report these users to me so I can block them from the community. This is a common scam tactic. 

I reported it for you Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I get a few from time to time asking me to be friends, they never get back to me either after I respond 😭😭

Well you probably respond with friends with benefits.............. :unsure:

6 hours ago, seabass said:

So this dude says he's from outside of the states, and got a great deal on a large shipment of MP10 powerheads.  He can let me have as many as I want for $25 USD each (plus a small but variable import fee).  He just needs an address and my bank account number so that he can charge me the going exchange rate and customs duty charges.  I figure that I'll buy 20 and sell them here for $50 apiece. :bling:  I'm super stoked. :happydance:

Send the info................. :biggrin: I still cant believe this shit happens........... who the hell falls for shit like this............. 

I keep getting a weird email on my work email that comes from my work email............. WTF how stupid are we............... 

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, spectra said:

Well you probably respond with friends with benefits.............. :unsure:

Send the info................. :biggrin: I still cant believe this shit happens........... who the hell falls for shit like this............. 

I keep getting a weird email on my work email that comes from my work email............. WTF how stupid are we............... 

Well I mean you miss 100% of the shots you don't take right? 

• Haha 4