Coral Vue Hydros

Need Help Please!

FloridaReef CA

FloridaReef CA

Have an established BioCube32 running over a year. Have this purple stuff on the back wall of the tank and not sure what it is, if it’s good for the tank, or if not, how I get rid of it. Can anyone advise?

722F7C25-19DC-4709-90F2-DF6157293FFA.jpeg

It's a good thing, but can distract from the look of corals when encrusted on the back wall. Some chose to scrape it off so that their corals will pop more against a black background. Personal choice.

• Agree 1

If on acrylic versus glass, don't use a razor blade.  You'd need a plastic scraper designed for acrylic.  But as the others have stated, it's your call if you mind it or not.  However, coralline usually helps prevent other algae from growing on the same spot (a little side benefit).

• Like 1

I scraped off all my coraline when I did a rip clean of my tank.  It was so hard to get off!  My whole tank was empty, I put paper towels soaked in vinegar on the back wall and still had a hard time scraping off the coraline.  I finally did and it grew back.  I did like the look better with it off, but if it grows back that fast, I'll let it stay.