SaltCritters.com

Any market for NanoBox? SOLD

Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Is there any interest in NanoBox fixtures or parts anymore? I have a functional Tide and a Duo but I’m not sure if they are even worth trying to sell?

• Like 1

It seems like they sell it just takes awhile to sell unless its incredibly cheap. 

I would list everything and just see what happens. 

NoOneLikesADryTang

I love the nanobox lights. They’re great lights, but you’ve got no support for them any longer, now that Dave has moved on. Depending on the price, I may be interested in them. 

• Agree 3
5 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I love the nanobox lights. They’re great lights, but you’ve got no support for them any longer, now that Dave has moved on. Depending on the price, I may be interested in them. 

I agree. I think not having the option of warranty or upgrading the lights now with Dave shutting down kinda pushes people away. They are amazing lights,depending on what array is in them definitely depends on value. 

• Agree 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
4 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I agree. I think not having the option of warranty or upgrading the lights now with Dave shutting down kinda pushes people away. They are amazing lights,depending on what array is in them definitely depends on value. 

Agreed. They are a tough sell though. Not a ton of people know about them, with the constant turnover in the hobby. It’s also tough, because you can pick up a used Prime HD for around $100, that are about the same age as these would be. 

Sturgi_0225

Depending on price I’m interested. Building a 1gal aio pico. 
was planning a zetlight….. but I could be swayed 😂

Only issue I see is after a while the pucks need to be replaced and well nothing out there............

I contacted Dave a while ago and he only had a couple left even though he was done........... my nanobox had 8 pucks in it............. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
11 hours ago, spectra said:

Only issue I see is after a while the pucks need to be replaced and well nothing out there............

I contacted Dave a while ago and he only had a couple left even though he was done........... my nanobox had 8 pucks in it............. 

you don't even run a big tank any more, don't worry about it, send it to me it has more chance of getting used with me (slim but still better chance) 🤣

On 6/15/2022 at 8:26 PM, Kellie in CA said:

Is there any interest in NanoBox fixtures or parts anymore? I have a functional Tide and a Duo but I’m not sure if they are even worth trying to sell?

A Duo might be a fun little side project for someone handy that want to build a nanobox hybrid.  

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

you don't even run a big tank any more, don't worry about it, send it to me it has more chance of getting used with me (slim but still better chance) 🤣

A Duo might be a fun little side project for someone handy that want to build a nanobox hybrid.  

Light is still in use........ running over the same tank at a friends house........ 

I am contemplating a new tank though.......... 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

This is what the Duo looks like.  It works just just fine.  I would still be using it today.... but there is ONE issue.  One of the screws that connect the arm mount to the tank no longer tightens, it will just turn and turn.  There may be an easy fix for this.... like a bigger screw, or something.  But I'm not a DIY kind of girl.  

$100 + 20 shipping.  

IMG_9799.PNG.8c8237a05602f769917094f39ef9cb41.png

• Wow 2
  • Kellie in CA changed the title to Any market for NanoBox? (DUO now listed)

That is so cheap its sickening. What parts do you have,if any ? 

4 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

This is what the Duo looks like.  It works just just fine.  I would still be using it today.... but there is ONE issue.  One of the screws that connect the arm mount to the tank no longer tightens, it will just turn and turn.  There may be an easy fix for this.... like a bigger screw, or something.  But I'm not a DIY kind of girl.  

$100 + 20 shipping.  

IMG_9799.PNG.8c8237a05602f769917094f39ef9cb41.png

Kellie in CA

I don't have any parts. I do have a Tide too... but it has the old controller.  The array was updated on it at some point, but I don't know to what.  

EDIT: I also have an extra power supply for the DUO that has never been used. 

Oh okay,I took your OP as you did :dooh: lol. Shoot I can only imagine the price on the tide lol. 

Do you know which array it has ?

Kellie in CA

I don’t, but I did pay for an update at some point. He also put a longer arm on it. I need to find it… we have moved so many times that it’s hard to know where stuff is. 

Can you take a picture of the arrays on both units it will help ID the arrays for whom ever is wanting to purchase these. And how much woukd you want for the Tide ? Can you PM me a price shipped ? 

• Kellie in CA changed the title to Any market for NanoBox? SOLD
  • Recommended Discussions