Coral Vue Hydros

What cleaner shrip to get?

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

Skunk's are boring and Coral Banded (just another I know I can get easily down here), so what other options are there for cleaner shrimps?

and anyone know any good places to get them near Raleigh, NC?

*I'm told CBS aren't really cleaner shrimp, but that's beside the point. I need something to help pick up left over fish food and stuff since the hermit crabs should be busy on the algae

ApocalypticSurf6

yea I posted on them before because I had the same delema(dont mind the spelling), they are very nice looking but hard to find, if someone gets one let me in on some details

Originally posted by reillyse

how is etropicals different from dr foster and smith's liveaquaria.com?

Their livestock comes from different locations. Also, most of the livestock you order are still juvenile. Their customer service is great and the package does arrive well packed. However, the bags that the livestock come in are very small. At least they're vaccuum sealed though.

Blind Tree Frog

The fact that the store I was in today wanted something like $25 for a "cleaner shrimp" (wasn't even labeled Skunk) makes me like that shop I was in even less too.

Noth stores mentioned are the same place in essence and owned by the same people. Both places ship their livestock out from a wholesaler and never really know what they have and how healthy it is. Also, their bags are heat sealed. Vacuumed sealed bags would crush the critter inside and deprive it of oxygen.

There are lots of reef safe shrimp out there.

Coral bandeds you already mentioned as you did skunk cleaners.

Then there's pedersons cleaners. I have found them to be very social and out during the day.

Peppermints are fine and will eat left over foods like you desire but can be very shy and elusive.

Fire shrimp are beautiful and expensive. They too can be shy but when kept in bigger groups might be more inclined to come out into the open. Really bright lighting might keep them in the rockwork more as they come from deeper water.

Sexy shrimp. Beautiful shrimp which do best in groups but will more likely than not confine themselves to one nice big fleshy coral polyp. Also they are so small they can easily be harrassed by most fish.

Harlequin shrimp. These are amazing and can be kept in male/female pairs. They will not however eat up left over foods and have a very specific diet of stars such as linckia (preferred) and chocolate chip (will settle for). I also hear they will sometimes go for asterina stars but I don't have any first hand experience with this.

HTH

you want something really different?

get a blue coral banded shrimp

i had one and they are awesome

havent heard many people owning these

they're body is blue instead of white

lobsters get huge man, do your research on whatever it is you are about to buy or thinking about buyig before you get it, I think everyone could tell you this. What're you talking about a shrimp to clean parasites off of your fish, or something to eat leftover food off of the bottom? U can't knock a skunk cleaner till you've owned one and actually watched it clean fish and your hand when you put it in the tank to move stuff, I think they are cool, but seriously no lobster, you need a really huge tank for them when they get full grown

Blind Tree Frog

Doesn't change that the thing was ****ing badass to look at. Maybe if I convert my 125 gallon or fix this 55 gallon tank I now have sitting around

i cannot wait to get a bigger tank either man, there is so much that I want and so little room right now, I can't stand it, and sorry about that post i read something wrong lol, I though you were serious lol my bad man

I love blood shrimp, although expensive and the only thing to die in my Nano.

We now have a Peppermint and a Camel (Candy Cane) shrimp. Haven't seen a polyp or Aiptasia since. The Camel is out more during the day and is much nicer looking.

I just got a peppermint shrimp. He's pretty cool. Eats the detritus, and is usually pretty busy. It's almost like he's got his own lttle personality, too. When he cleans my hand, he slowly sneeks up on me, then when he's about 2" away, he pounces on it! totally insane! They're cheap too...

ApocalypticSurf6

im such a peace maker, lol, yea im in need of a big tank too but have no where near enough money, im just sqeaking by with my two nanos and one isnt even running yet

Archived