Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest Voting and FINAL RESULTS

seabass

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest VOTING  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Best Office Nano

• aclman88 - Aclman's 9 to 5 Middle School Mayhem
    • chipz - 9to5 Diminutive Desktop Distraction: Breaking Rules Left and Right
    • Grundler - 9to5 - The Drop-in Reef
    • Jaren45 - [9to5] The "free" Nano
    • kekke1082 - Reefing 9to5 Keke's first nano reef contest
    • kimdawg - 9to5 Tybee Island Tank
    • M. Tournesol - 9to5 Cubicle
    • Merthynia - 9 to 5 No more heatwaves!
    • NoOneLikesADryTang - 9 to 5 Goniopora and Alveopora Forest
    • Ratvan - Ratvan's Reefing 9to5 - Feeder shrimp Breeder?
    • Robbie_Maxwell - 9 to 5 Montipora Cube
    • seabass - 9 to 5 - Reef in a Bottle 🏴‍☠️ Caribbean Carboy
    • Tamberav - 9to5 budget build
  2. 2. Most Impressive or Innovative Filtration (a.k.a. "Wettest Water")

3. 3. Exceptional Budget Build

This poll is closed to new votes

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest Winners:

The polls are closed

winners.jpg.29bea1e7f12521dd4c18641d1d2dfb9f.jpg

CATEGORIES & WINNERS

• Best Office Nano: NoOneLikesADryTang omgomgomg
  • Most Impressive or Innovative Filtration (a.k.a. "Wettest Water"): seabass  :happydance:
  • Exceptional Budget Build: Tamberav  :wub:

Congratulations to our winners!  There were so many great tanks entered into this contest; it's a shame that everyone can't win.  However, out of the thirteen eligible entries, the Nano-Reef community has chosen these three exceptional examples featuring different aspects of nano reef keeping.

Thank you to all who have participated, helped, encouraged, or just followed along.  Again, a special thank you to our sponsors @StevieT of inTank and our very own @Christopher Marks of Nano-Reef.com, without which, this contest wouldn't have been possible.

This concludes the 🕘 Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest 🕔, brought to you by:

spacer.png & spacer.png

• Like 9

Huge shout out to the winners, to @seabass for taking the lead, @inTank for sponsoring, and @Christopher Marks for creating and maintaining such an amazing forum and community.  

I had a blast setting up this tank and I learned a lot through the process.  Looking forward to watching this community grow and evolve.

Also, this is a reminder to please, if you enjoy the site and have the means, become a premium member to help support the site!  Then, let us know about your improved life, new found wealth, and if applicable, a very happy significant other here!

• Like 6
  • seabass changed the title to Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest Voting and FINAL RESULTS

Woo! I don’t think I have ever placed before in these contests. I am generally just happy when I can make it to the end lol 

Happy Abc GIF by Emmys

Definitely thanks to Chris, inTank, and huge thanks to Seabass for all you do for this community 🥰

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

As another first-time winner of a Nano-Reef contest, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my humble little carboy.  I'm very grateful considering all of the impressive entries.  I loved seeing the camaraderie, cooperation, imagination, and innovation demonstrated throughout this entire contest.

thanksbill.gif.a22bc0763477047a244c862ffc2680e6.gif

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
15 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

Congratulations to all the winners! 

Oops, I forgot that part. :blush:  Yes, definitely CONGRATULATIONS!

Great job everyone!!

• Like 3
NoOneLikesADryTang

Thank you for all who participated, and voted. Especially those of you that voted for me. (Kidding… Mostly.) I can’t wait to flex the plaque on the tank keeper, and any time she gets lippy about me bringing home a new fish or coral, remind her who the reigning NanoReef champion is. 😆😆

I am certain this contest could not have taken place without the hundreds of hours @seabass poured in to it. Thank you for all your dedication to this great little slice of the interwebz. 

Also, a huge shoutout and thank you to @Christopher Marks and @StevieT for sponsoring this competition.  You guys make this my favorite site on the web! 

Also, is it too soon to start thinking about the next one? I’ve got the tank keeper on board with multiple ideas… 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Thank you for all who participated, and voted. Especially those of you that voted for me. (Kidding… Mostly.) I can’t wait to flex the plaque on the tank keeper, and any time she gets lippy about me bringing home a new fish or coral, remind her who the reigning NanoReef champion is. 😆😆

I am certain this contest could not have taken place without the hundreds of hours @seabass poured in to it. Thank you for all your dedication to this great little slice of the interwebz. 

Also, a huge shoutout and thank you to @Christopher Marks and @StevieT for sponsoring this competition.  You guys make this my favorite site on the web! 

Also, is it too soon to start thinking about the next one? I’ve got the tank keeper on board with multiple ideas… 

Well deserved.  Tank is nice. Definitely a keeper!

@seabass

Well done sir! Turned out nice and got some new faces involved at the same time 👏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to the winners! This has honestly been the most fun I've ever had setting up a tank. Even in competition everyone is so helpful and kind pushing each other to improve and excel. I love it 💓

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
Christopher Marks

Congratulations to all of our winners, and thank you to everyone who participated, followed along, and voted for the final contestants! These kinds of competitions have a long history here on the community, it's always fun to see the unique ideas and concepts that come together when there are interesting boundaries set. I cannot thank @seabass enough for his help in orchestrating our first 9 to 5 Office Nano Contest, you've done incredible work, and what a fun idea it has been!

image.jpeg

@NoOneLikesADryTang

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

I don't know what to say, I got lost just staring into the top of that tank! This 2022 Champion Trophy is going to look real nice on your desk!

@seabass

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It has been so neat to see your reef in a bottle concept come together, this is such a cool system design!

@Tamberav

japanese job GIF

Wow, you are the anemone tentacle master! Love how this one turned out, what an amazing collection!

It's time for my BONUS AWARDS! - A Nano-Reef sticker pack!

I'll message everyone soon to collect information for sending out all the prizes from @StevieT @inTank and I!

@Merthynia I almost forgot! Bill Lumbergh wanted you to take home an official INITECH company mug, for being runner up for Best Office Nano!

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks featured this topic

22 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I can’t wait to flex the plaque on the tank keeper, and any time she gets lippy about me bringing home a new fish or coral, remind her who the reigning NanoReef champion is. 😆

:lol:

Wow, I'm guessing that the tank keeper is going to be very jelly.

9to5trophy.jpg.d3a11c21d66e52fdd498ceb7ea43e6cd.jpg

Well deserved!  Beautiful tank.

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1
ryans.salty.crew
14 minutes ago, seabass said:

:lol:

I'm guessing the tank keeper is going to be jelly.

9to5trophy.jpg.d3a11c21d66e52fdd498ceb7ea43e6cd.jpg

Well deserved!

Ok, these are sick! I can't wait to try my hand in whatever the next contest has to offer. 

Jealous GIFs | Tenor

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's time for my BONUS AWARDS! - A Nano-Reef sticker pack!

I'll message everyone soon to collect information for sending out all the prizes from @StevieT @inTank and I!

@Merthynia I almost forgot! Bill Lumbergh wanted you to take home an official INITECH company mug, for being runner up for Best Office Nano!

How fun!  Congratulations kimdawg, FishI, M. Tournesol, and Merthynia; these are all great entries.  Well done!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone involved in the contest.  I love to get involved and each time I say I will continue to take pics and post them.  I am really going to try to continue to post about my tank, it helps hold me accountable.  Congrats to all of the winners.  I had a really hard time voting because each tank was unique in its on way.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

Thanks to everyone involved in the contest.  I love to get involved and each time I say I will continue to take pics and post them.  I am really going to try to continue to post about my tank, it helps hold me accountable.  Congrats to all of the winners.  I had a really hard time voting because each tank was unique in its on way.

Really liked your tank minus the clowns................ :biggrin: just me but not a clown fish person............ they bite................ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, spectra said:

just me but not a clown fish person............ they bite................ 

I had a biter (still do, but she hasn't bitten me in years).  They are really just trying to move you away from themself, their partner, their anemone, or their eggs.  I'm very respectful of their space.  When they bite and you retract your hand suddenly, it reinforces that they are able to move you.

But since their bites are no joke, and can draw blood (usually it's the female), it's hard not to react just to show them that you are not afraid.  So I started wearing those super thick Coralife gloves so that I wouldn't get startled.  She attacked it a few times, and one time she wouldn't leave; so I gently flicked her with my gloved finger.

It didn't take very long for her to realize that she couldn't intimidate the big blue hand.  Eventually, she wouldn't bother me even without the glove.  Now this was in a 100 gallon tank, so their territorial instincts probably aren't quite as strong as when defending a nano territory; but it worked pretty well.

I still try give them their space.  And they seem to have perpetual clutches of eggs that I don't approach when eggs are present.  But we seem to have worked out a peace treaty.  Also, during maintenance, I'll gently coax them away from where I want to clean.  I'm still very aware of where they are when I put my hand in their tank.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I have had some that do not bite (even when spawning) and also some mean little shits (even when kept alone without a mate). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 6/2/2022 at 9:21 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Oh my goodness! Thank you @Christopher Marks, @seabass, @StevieT and everyone else that participated in this contest!

I had a blast working on this tank and watching everyone's tanks sprout with life.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic