ReefCleaners.org

Xaqua in out, other overflow/ returns

Sturgi_0225

Sturgi_0225

I have searched high and low for overflow/ return options. I like the look of the xaqua but don’t quite understand how you can control Flow rate via ball valves with this style. 
I’ve also looked at other options such as eshops and Fiji. 
 I Really would  appreciate any guidance to help with options, experience and suggestions to help maintain a minimalist look to keep back glass clear and not be an eye sore. 

I have the XAqua and I love it--it looks great and was easy to install. You cannot use a ball valve in the drain line, if that's what you mean. The water level in the tank is a tad lower than I would like even though I mounted it a little higher than the template, but with higher flow this might not me much of an issue. 

Sturgi_0225

What size return pump are you using? Also did you use the factory piping from xaqua?

2 hours ago, Robbb said:

I have the XAqua and I love it--it looks great and was easy to install. You cannot use a ball valve in the drain line, if that's what you mean. The water level in the tank is a tad lower than I would like even though I mounted it a little higher than the template, but with higher flow this might not me much of an issue. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, Sturgi_0225 said:

What size return pump are you using? Also did you use the factory piping from xaqua?

Hi, sorry for such a late reply. Yes i'm using the factory plumbing XAqua sells, and I highly recommend it. For the pump i'm using the Current USA eFlux DC pump (the smallest one).

Sturgi_0225
2 hours ago, Robbb said:

Hi, sorry for such a late reply. Yes i'm using the factory plumbing XAqua sells, and I highly recommend it. For the pump i'm using the Current USA eFlux DC pump (the smallest one).

No worries I appreciate the information. I’ve went ahead and ordered a setup that should work with this style overflow.