Top Shelf Aquatics

Eunice Worm! - How do I get rid of this?!

Tigahboy

You could always squirt muratic acid down his hole. Some of the local reefers use that stuff to get rid of aiptasia and well, any other pest, really. I wouldn't use the stuff in my pico or my 10 gallon, but for a lager tank, I guess it's pretty safe.

That may be the coolest addition to a larger pest tank on earth, Tiki. I'll certainly be looking for one to maintain a fuge later.

I tend to agree if you don't want the worm, though. I can't imagine it is as tough as it looks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that name scares me. Chemical Warfare will be a last last resort. With surveillance and recon missions being a success we have confirmation of the enemies whereabouts. Now we are in the stages of formulating a complete and comprehensive mission plan for extraction. After many simulations and more surveillance of the hideout we will then determine how to move forward with the best results.

Keep the ideas coming NR we'll need all the help we can get.

If you'd prefer a boots on the ground approach, try a long bamboo skewer and a pencil sharpener. The thing loves you enough to attempt accepting food from a tube, just stick some food on the end of the skewer and stab. Nothing like betrayal in the morning. Wait until it stop's twitching, then reel it in.

• Like 2

I'm not sure a hook would work, since they have hinged jaws much like an ant. I doubt it would swallow a hook, all though it might get caught up trying to wrestle the food off of it.

BojanMilenkovic

You can take the rock out and put it a seperate tank.You can have the eunice worm living in the seperate tank and the other tank safe from nacturnal raids.Than you can have a large variety of coral,fish and inverts. ;)

Good, but questionable tactics indeed.

If these are to be utilized in our operations we will risk our standing with the international community. We will have no voice in future subjects regarding civility or humanness.

It is with this understanding that any future operations utilizing these methods will have to be black ops. We will neither confirm or deny the use of these tactics and any information sought regarding their use will require a NR FOIA and judicial review. Nominations for the Judges will be handled with upmost care and appointed by the head of household within the borders of which said tactics may or may not have been conducted.

• Like 1

You can take the rock out and put it a seperate tank.You can have the eunice worm living in the seperate tank and the other tank safe from nacturnal raids.Than you can have a large variety of coral,fish and inverts. ;)

Preparations have been made for every scenario including this one you mentioned. This is why it is has been one of our biggest goals to secure and strive toward a meaningful and lasting coalition. Be assured we are not going at this alone and every decision will go through a peer review board for analysis. One thing we cannot risk is losing the support of the people.

That being said any relocation will be on our terms and our terms alone. However we reiterate and reinforce our past and current stance that we do not under any circumstance negotiate with the enemy. We will accept nothing short of a full and unconditional surrender.

Let our enemies not be disillusioned, they will be defeated. Peace, Freedom, and the Persuit of Happiness must prevail.

• Like 1

The coalition grows. Breaking news. We have just secured a vast reserve of building material for reconstruction. As we are still committed to a peaceful and noninvasive resolution other solutions are also being prepared. Let this be a clear and resounding message to our enemies that no matter the outcome that change is surely on the horizon. We stand firm in our resolve. With every passing day our enemies fall deeper into isolation while we ourselves are growing stronger.

post-78448-0-21117000-1360097936_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's what mine looks like just darker color. Have you seen yours eat coral, fish, shrimp, crabs or anything?

And as for updates, black ops may be or may not be underway.

All though you may neither confirm or deny, do the black ops entail Guantanamo style uses of bamboo, or chemical bombardment we shan't mention to any one from Geneva?

Blink four times for yes, happy chicken for no.

• Like 1

These stories are freaking me out! How do you know when you have one of there creatures from hell? Do they come out during the day/night?

I've had my tank setup for five+ years and have never noticed anything suspicious.

BojanMilenkovic

They come out at night,they eat some inverts and some like to eat zoa's,paly's and polyps;the larger ones eat even small fish.

Do you have zoa's?If you buy them and they dissaper than you have an eunice worm.

That's what mine looks like just darker color. Have you seen yours eat coral, fish, shrimp, crabs or anything? And as for updates, black ops may be or may not be underway.

It's still too small to eat my fish. It might be able to take down one of my nassarius snails. I haven't seen him since the first time I saw him (the lights were on at the time). There are zoas and yumas near where he was and I don't see any damage (yet).

I just got one out of my 5 gallon pico. Had to take the rock out and break it into 3 pieces to get the worm out. He was all curled into a smallish live rock. The worm was 15 " long.

post-77876-0-19376400-1360239933_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I just got one out of my 5 gallon pico. Had to take the rock out and break it into 3 pieces to get the worm out. He was all curled into a smallish live rock. The worm was 15 " long.

How long before you found out you had one? Any damage to livestock?

• Like 1

How long before you found out you had one? Any damage to livestock?

I noticed him one night eating some pellet food I threw in. I think he mostly ate the food I threw in there for the crab and the shrimp, pods and macroalgea. I had a lot of pods in there at some point and after I got him out my grape caulpera started growing back from a little nub. Have only a Peppermint shrimp, one nassarius, one Astraea and a pompom crab in there. The worms mouthparts where not that large. I'm glad I got him out before he decided to munch on anything else.

I noticed him one night eating some pellet food I threw in. I think he mostly ate the food I threw in there for the crab and the shrimp, pods and macroalgea. I had a lot of pods in there at some point and after I got him out my grape caulpera started growing back from a little nub. Have only a Peppermint shrimp, one nassarius, one Astraea and a pompom crab in there. The worms mouthparts where not that large. I'm glad I got him out before he decided to munch on anything else.

Oh. Maybe he's a different kind from the really really bad ones then.

Eee gads! We're going to need a bigger trap.

Looks like Coco66's way may be the best way, I'm afraid.

I don't know if I am convinced beyond a doubt yet. I think further reconasence will be needed to further examine just what is really going on. I would not be able to sleep at night if I started rounding up worms using the old " all Eunice's look the same" mentality. It seems the first round of intelligence was faulty and one sided. Maybe something else happened to my mushrooms and shrimp. Maybe someone else is to blame. This could potentially go all the way to the top.

Further information is needed to make a well informed decision just yet.

Resupply measures have been approved to sustain our current recon force for continued overwatch missions and support.

post-78448-0-93979000-1360267078_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Surveillance at 20:00 hours just before lights out revealed locals have begun to dig in. Awareness in the tank is reaching a fever pitch as the third day of negotiations comes to a close with no meaningful developments. Consumer confidence is crippled while gold prices rise as the reef edges closer to war.

• Like 2

Yellow Watchman/Tiger Pistol; perfect combo. Give the pistol lots of small bits of rubble and broken pieces of shell, he'll steal every single one and use them to build his secret lair.

• Like 1

I saw my eunicid worm again, near the original spot. It was definitely light green in color. It was scraping the green algae on the glass with those jaws. Are they omnivores then? I wonder why didn't it go after the decent-sized 'pods that were near it instead.

• Like 1

Archived