SaltCritters.com

schgr.cube's Ultum Nature Systems 45u - tons of new coral added

schgr.cube

57 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I can't keep up with you man! 

I still have your doser, but I just got back from a week of travel for business and got walloped with the big C. We will get it figured out. 

14 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Sheesh,I know I was kinda getting excited that he was thinking of moving here lol. 

lol trust me, I can't keep up with myself either. My original Florida plan got a little bit shaken up, and then something else happened and I decided to just broaden my horizons. Lancaster was our original plan a few years ago (before Covid), so I decided to revisit it and found it to be a good fit.

I found am AMAZING house, albeit a bit on the smaller side, but in a really good neighborhood. I'm waiting on word back from my lender, but likely putting an offer out today or tomorrow depending on when I hear back from them.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Nice! Congrats!

7 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Yay! Congrats! 🙂

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hell yeah brother,congrats !!! That is awesome. 

Thank you all!

Settlement is November 1st, so I'm going to have to start planning some things out. It is small, but it is in a great neighborhood. I'm probably going to have to do the nano in my living room and the frag tank in the (unfinished) basement, but I'll see what I come up with.

Here it is:

UNS45u-0079.thumb.jpg.993008f0927566376972a5d1b717cec3.jpg

• Like 6
On 9/30/2022 at 9:54 PM, YHSublime said:

Looks quaint AF

In a good way or bad way? lol

It was built in 1885, but has been fully renovated inside and felt super comfortable when I went to see it.

Picked up a few things last night, but no more photos until after I move (since I already packed up my camera stuff).

• Bicolor Hammer Coral
  • Orange Rhodactis Mushrooms
  • Firework Clove Polyps
  • Utter Chaos Zoas
  • Rainbow Hornet Zoas
  • Hollywood Stunner Chalice
  • Like 2

A bit of bad news, and a bit of good news.

The bad: I lost the Dragon Soul torch I got from @YHSublime and the Golden Eyes chalice. Both had kind of rocky starts, and I was having issues overall with the tank when I added them, so I'm not too surprised.

The good: My tank does seem to be coming into itself overall. I am getting actual color coming back from the things that were struggling before, and lots of great growth in my zoas and palys. I think the tank is getting stable enough for the SPS to be okay, so I should hopefully be out of the woods a bit.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

A little late but Congratulations on buying the house. Nothing like having a place to call your own. 

Thank you, I am very excited! I have been renting or living in a family property that I don't have full control of for my entire adult life, so it will feel great to finally have control. And awful to have to be fully accountable for everything that goes wrong! 😓

• Haha 1

Congrats on the house, it looks great.  It is great to be able to have everything in your house how you want it.  I always thought when I bought a house I would do some major 100 gallon tank upgrade, but when I actually did buy I ended up downsizing just to have a bit less to deal with. 😌

Sorry to hear you lost the Dragon Soul man! I've started growing out a collection of torches, but the Dragon Soul is a mega producer, so I should have more heads by the time you're ready to try again. 

Also, home ownership is fun, until it's not, lol. I also thought I was going to go huge, but I've found that moderation is 80 gallons. 

• Like 1
On 10/7/2022 at 9:45 PM, mdannyg said:

Congrats on the house, it looks great.  It is great to be able to have everything in your house how you want it.  I always thought when I bought a house I would do some major 100 gallon tank upgrade, but when I actually did buy I ended up downsizing just to have a bit less to deal with. 😌

Thank you! And yeah, I have always waited to do a larger tank until I had a "permanent" home, but for me that is still likely less than 70 gallons or so lol. I might not even have the room for it in this house anyway, so I may just have do to a 20-30 gallon as my "upgrade" with the 50 gallon frag tank in the basement.

19 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Sorry to hear you lost the Dragon Soul man! I've started growing out a collection of torches, but the Dragon Soul is a mega producer, so I should have more heads by the time you're ready to try again. 

Also, home ownership is fun, until it's not, lol. I also thought I was going to go huge, but I've found that moderation is 80 gallons. 

Its alright, I have had a few random losses lately, but I'll let you know when I'm ready to try again. And yeah, I'm sure I'll regret this to some extent eventually, but it will be worth it!

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

So a bit of a change coming....

I have been having a few issues with the closed loop system that have been frustrating, and have also been thinking about moving the tank into the new house.... I decided it was just easier to set up a new tank at the house and transfer things over, and set the 45u up as something else (either a FW planted tank or leave it dry until I have the time and courage to drill the bottom for a hidden equipment setup). Either way, I picked up an Innovative Marine 20 gallon that is dirty and missing the pump for $50, so I'll be shifting things over into that for now.

• Like 4
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schg's Ultum Nature Systems 45u - retired
36 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Boy oh boy and I thought I switched tanks/lights a lot lol you're starting to beat me lol. Looking forward to the update though !! 

Yeahhh, I'm kind of bad at keeping up with projects until they are done....or mature in this case. Hoping that owning a house will allow me to do that, as I've always been hesitant about the "next" stage of things. I probably could have just moved the UNS tank up here, but it's too much stress with things already being problematic.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

What did that tank come down or are you just putting everything in the new tank ? 

That tank is still down in Maryland right now, I am going to get the new tank set up and move the contents in (hopefully) this weekend.

I started the new thread:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Oh this is gonna be goooooooood 🤤 !!! Looks like you'll need at least 1-2 more Primes with the Luxdium arrays huh ? 

Hah, yeah I have been thinking about what I want to do for lighting. I don't necessarily mind the Kessil overall, but I do prefer the flexibility I get from other units. I may either try to swap the Kessil for/toward a Radion or a Hydra (and then upgrade to Luxdium). I'd rather have one unit than two Primes overall.

• 8 months later...
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Ultum Nature Systems 45u - tons of new coral added