Coral Vue Hydros

Lobophyllia Help

azureus

Hello! Below are two pics of my Lobo coral I got. First pic is day one and 2nd pic is day two. Notice the white tips on the edges. 

Is this a result of too much light ? I moved it behind a rock to give it a little shade. Also don’t know if it’s an acclimation issue as it’s only been two days. I really want to get on it as soon as I can because such a pretty coral. Any input is appreciated! 

(Last pic is listing online) 

9FD3B23C-2287-4E4A-BF76-7C601BB462F5.jpeg

1B5B8059-825B-4A25-BF12-4C44A1914149.jpeg

2DBE1DF3-1D67-4D6B-A089-A33BB4C66A0E.png

Wow, pretty big difference between the listing pic.

I doubt that it's a lighting issue.  I think the white tips are the skeleton showing and not bleaching.

Could be stress from shipping.  Could be a drastic parameter change from where it came from.

Hopefully it will recover soon.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, seabass said:

Wow, pretty big difference between the listing pic.

I doubt that it's a lighting issue.  I think the white tips are the skeleton showing and not bleaching.

Could be stress from shipping.  Could be a drastic parameter change from where it came from.

Hopefully it will recover soon.

Interesting I thought for sure it was lighting, maybe I’ll bring it back out then. 
I’ll try spot feeding tonight to see how it reacts. It’s mouths are wide open. Hopefully it does because I was excited for this one! 

Yep skeleton is showing........ hopefully makes it and buying corals online is a crap shoot............ 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yep skeleton is showing........ hopefully makes it and buying corals online is a crap shoot............ 

Do people usually just drive to the lfs or reef shop? I don’t live in a big city, so the closest place who sells corals is about 2 hours away in Chicago. Just thought shipping was the easiest/ best. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, azureus said:

Do people usually just drive to the lfs or reef shop? I don’t live in a big city, so the closest place who sells corals is about 2 hours away in Chicago. Just thought shipping was the easiest/ best. 

I am lucky and yes have a few decent stores close to me….. and yes I drive 30 mins to an hour so not bad really. 

I like to see what I am getting. 

you posted a pic but when was it taken ? On line sales to me just don’t cut it. To many photoshopped corals out there……