Pod Your Reef

Need help with stock ideas for 30+10 gallon

HomemadeReefs

HomemadeReefs

Hey everyone! I have a 30 gallon display with 10 gallon sump around 30 pounds of dry rock, two inch sand bed, two snowflake oscellaris, a YWG and pistol shrimp combo, and three hermits. I'm completely cycled and good to go, going through the smallest of brown and green algae spikes right now (not even full coverage of rocks). I do 5 gallon water changes every Sunday and on the fourth week of the month I do a 10 gallon change. 

Enough backstory, I love the fish I have now they have beautiful patterns and the Goby and Shrimp are so mischievous and fun to watch. However, the tank feels empty as they are all quite juvenile (clowns are maybe an inch long and the goby is just beneath two inches long) and the clowns hide by my return pump (I heard they do that sometimes before I bought them, still wanted them). My question is, if you had a setup similar to mine what would you stock as more of a centerpiece fish/something that swims around the tank and makes it look more lively. I assume once I start getting some coral into the tank and growing it out the clowns will feel a little more comfortable and start exploring. I was considering keeping a juvenile Coral beauty until it got too big for my 30 gallon, however, I would prefer to just get something and keep it in my tank forever. I've got around seven years of aquarium experience... except it's all been in freshwater. This is my first saltwater tank so I have no idea what fish go well with what and how they would act. Any suggestions are appreciated!

• Like 1