ReefCleaners.org

Clown ate Flesh of Birdsnest

DiaryReef

I have a clownfish and he ate almost all the flesh off my Birdsnest, there is a little bit left on the bottom towards the frag plug, will the flesh grow back?

04868062-8D55-415D-8E81-45D0BF9F6ACD.jpeg

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Did you see the clown eating the flesh, or making an assumption it was the clown?

Yes I saw him eat it

2 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Did you see the clown eating the flesh, or making an assumption it was the clown?

Do you think the flesh should grow back?

I bet he was eating dying tissue? It doesn’t look like bite marks. It looks like tissue necrosis. 

It can recover if the tank is stable but your rock looks very white/new. SPS don’t always do well in new tanks. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I bet he was eating dying tissue? It doesn’t look like bite marks. It looks like tissue necrosis. 

It can recover if the tank is stable but your rock looks very white/new. SPS don’t always do well in new tanks. 

It’s 6 months old, I got dry rock and my snails like to eat algae from the rock, I’ve also had a stylocoeniella for months and it’s thriving 

I got 2 Birdsnest yesterday and right when I put it in my clown started nipping at it and cause damage, and the flow is strong in the tank and finished the job…

im hoping it recovers 

• Like 1

He was probably curious but clownfish do not pick SPS apart and it doesn't look like a typical fish bite marks. It is possible he damaged it a bit in his curiosity and then it RTN'd. If some flesh survives, it can recover. 

• Like 1