SaltCritters.com

How much alk&Calc can they consume?

Carabeo

I have a 32 biocube that's been running almost a year I guess. I just ordered a 100 g acrylic, so I've been packing this biocube with frags. I just cant wrap my head around the dosing. I test and dose mag to keep it above 1400. I'm fighting to keep alk at 7 and Calc hovers around 390 to 410. Im daily dosing 480 ml kalk (doser is backed up by an auto top off), 13 ml alk and 12 ml Calc with the brs hybrid 2 part. I keep thinking I'm over-dosing and something is precipitating but I only have a little salt creep and no deposits inside the tank. Do I just need more dosing for the frags and coraline ect? 

I have auto-dosers. I've done the 50% water change and leave the dosers off for 24 hours and alk and Calc plumet. Like 7 alk to 5.4 last time I did it. I have a hard time pushing the numbers back up after I try to do a reset like that. How demanding can these Nanos really be? I use red sea blue bucket, but I've been adding in some coral pro lately. 5 gallon change weekly. 

IMG_20220426_193612.jpg

I think I'll have to dial it up again then to keep up. I wasn't sure how much would be needed on top of all the kalk. It seemed like so much dosing all together, but they arnt nearly as full as some tanks I've seen. I can't imagine whats going into those. 

IMG_20220427_124512.jpg

• Like 1

Alkalinity and calcium both seem lower than usual, I'd just increase the two part dosing.  I've got more stony corals than you but in smaller colonies and my e170 gets 500mL kalkwasser and 30mL each of BRS CaCl and Soda Ash a day.  Decent coralline on the rocks, little on the back, but good growth and numbers stable a little higher.

• Like 2