SaltCritters.com

Where the heck can you buy Weld-On???

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Where the heck can you buy Weld-On??? do you have to order it, or does HD/ Lowes carry it...?? if so... i can't find it... maybe i'm looking in the wrong section...???

gonna build a skimmer...

When I was building my hang on back 'fuge, the only place that I could find it was at a plastics dealer that carried acrylic. The HD's and Lowe's in my area do not carry it. I think you can order it online, also. Good luck with the skimmer.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i guess i need to build a sump to go with this skimmer... if it works... so, i will be getting some WO4 for sure... i've heard of people using 4 and 16 which one is used for the main task and which is more for spot filling holes and leaks???

4 is better for the 'main task' i think... It flows more easily by capillary action but you can mix it with others to slow the dry time for large or complicated projects. If you do a good job it's all you need. It seems like most people feel more comfortable if it works more like glass and silicone so they use the thicker 16 to 'seal' the corners. Can't hurt to be extra safe, i guess.

Archived