Coral Vue Hydros

Reefkids: Casa Del Reef (Now with fish)

Reefkid88

Getting back into the hobby after a year or so. 

Tank- Aquamaxxed 9.1g Cuboid (24"x10"x10")

Return pump- Sicce .5 with VCA dual 1/4" RFG's & MP-10 for added flow. 

Light- Tek hybrid 4 bulb T5: 1x Giesemann Actinic Blue & 1x Giesemann Super Actinic. 2 Luxeon M royal blue,5 violets from 385nm-430 @ 600mah 

ATO- AutoTopOff.com ATO

20220622_202331.jpg

20220902_194636.jpg

20220902_194752.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a used MP10,turned out to not be working. After speaking with Ecotech they came to the conclusion because it was a blue controller modle the light it was flashing was because the controller. The wet side was also swollen and cracked and super rusted,seller said he had no idea. But since the amount I paid for it,it was justifiable piece together a newish one. So FINALLY I got someone,( @Tamberav ) to dig some old mp10 parts out and HOPEFULLY a newer controller and wet side solves the problem. 

• Like 1
debbeach13

Hi reefkid88. Glad to see you planning a new build. I have a Wutovchy ATO that I purchased from Amazon in 2020 but never used it. I took my pico down. I took it out of the box for the picture. Anyway if you want it you can have it.

0A8100BC-D2DC-4108-A438-179EA5D16A05.jpeg

• Like 2
Reefkid88

@debbeach13 Thank you so much,if you want go ahead and send me a Pm with all the details and all that good jazz and we can set something up for this weekend if you are free. 

Got the MP10 working,and now I just need to figure out the tank situation and order some black acrylic and some black silicone. 

• Like 1
Reefkid88

So I decided to get a Aquamaxx 9g tank from a local member on here,that being said,I may use 2x Sunblaster t5 steip fixtures as sunrise and sunset for the tank. Probably B+ and Actinic,overkill ? Probably. But thats the beauty of led dimming. 

Running them on a digital timer,come on maybe 1-2 hours before the XR15 and going off 1-2hrs after the XR15. 

• Like 1
Reefkid88

Picked up the tank today,needs a good cleaning and the back sprayed black but so shout out to @pmang6 to the tank. 

Can't decide if I want to do a corner AIO area or run the tank as a peninsula style AIO due to where I will mount the light dead center. I laid this out with some blue tape already.

Radion supposedly got sent out today,so it should be here next week some time. 

20220506_170023.jpg

20220506_165729.jpg

• Like 2
Reefkid88
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Looks brand new.

This was before I even took the razor blade to it and scraped all the glass lol. You should see it now. Its not brand new,it has a few light scratches but its in good condition. 

• Like 1
Reefkid88

I did grab a 2 bulb t5 fixture with a B+,C+ and 2 stock 6500k bulbs from the same guy I bought the tank from in case I want to go with a hybrid light instead. If anything I can sell the Radiom if I decide to go that route and use a ReefBreeders Lumen or ReefBrite XHO's bar or two. 

20220508_142258.jpg

So I sold the XR15,and now going with t5. The RMS mount pushed about a 1/3 of the array outside of the tank,which rendered it useless. I did not want to mount the light at the end of the tank,so it had to go. 

So @schg posted a Tek 4 bulb fixture and got that. Now I have to decide on bulbs. Thinking of possibly going with:

ATI B+

ATI Actinic

GE 6500

ATI B+

OR 

Giesemann Actinic Blue

Giesemann Super Actinic

Giesemann AquaCoral Blue 

Giesemann Actinic Blue

schgr.cube
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

So I sold the XR15,and now going with t5. The RMS mount pushed about a 1/3 of the array outside of the tank,which rendered it useless. I did not want to mount the light at the end of the tank,so it had to go. 

So @schg posted a Tek 4 bulb fixture and got that. Now I have to decide on bulbs. Thinking of possibly going with:

ATI B+

ATI Actinic

GE 6500

ATI B+

OR 

Giesemann Actinic Blue

Giesemann Super Actinic

Giesemann AquaCoral Blue 

Giesemann Actinic Blue

Man that was fast selling the XR15 lol. I'll try to ship out the Tek tomorrow, but we have TWO dance recitals for TWO different nieces this weekend 😐

BUT, I have honestly had the best success and favorite look with that exact Giesemann setup. They are really just great bulbs overall. I think I mixed ATI and Giesemann at one point, but ended up going back to strictly Giesemann.

Just now, schg said:

Man that was fast selling the XR15 lol. I'll try to ship out the Tek tomorrow, but we have TWO dance recitals for TWO different nieces this weekend 😐

BUT, I have honestly had the best success and favorite look with that exact Giesemann setup. They are really just great bulbs overall. I think I mixed ATI and Giesemann at one point, but ended up going back to strictly Giesemann.

Literally had a buyer within 20 minutes lol. Okay,sounds good. I will go ahead and order the bulbs then. 

So I saw a forum from (China,I think lol) that tested ATI,Giesemann,KZ,Wave Point and 1 other brand and Giesemann had the best par after break in. So I will give them a shot and see how they are. 

Found some cheap L brackets in a tote and mounted them up to use those to mount the Tek light on when it comes. I will go to HD and find nicer ones to match a little better. 

20220513_221341.jpg

• Like 3

Ordered Giesemann 2x Blue Actinic,1x Super Actinic and 1 Aqua Blue bulbs from AquaCave,since Premium Aquatics kept saying my address was invalid lol. 

I have never tried Giesemann's bulbs,so now I am going to give them a shot. I want to see the AquaBlue and how it performs,but I have a feeling I may swap it out with a GE 6500k. 

2 hours ago, schg said:

That was quick!!! Can’t wait to see it filled

Me neither. Now I am waiting on a vendor on R2R to get back with a price on a AIO kit idea then it gets scaped and filled. 

1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Need more water!

It needs all the water lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

I played with the scape some more after going to TSA and grabbing some more base rock,I think I am going to go with the 2nd one over the 1st. 

1st:

20220605_124816.jpg

2nd: 

20220605_122703.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Great looking set up! I love how this is kind of a budget build yet looks like a high end build! 

Well thank you,I appreciate that. You should know by now I am a cheap person lol this I want this build to look good. 

I actually just ordered 2 sheets of acrylic,black silicone and a wall mount for the MP10 controller. Only $27 for it all too which surprised me,Amazon was going to be almost $40 since shipping was so much. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, schg said:

Ooooh gurl, when are we getting water?!

I just ordered the black acrylic sheets,black silicone and mp10 controller mount a few moments ago so hopefully that comes in this week or early next week. When it does,I will make a AIO section let it cure and get it wet. 

Has anyone ever used autotopoff.com's ato kits ? They are $55 with free shipping. I know they have been out for ages. 

So the weirdest thing just happened.. I'm walking up to my front door from work and there is a package with my name on it,I can feel its a package of silicone. Weird thing is I just made my order yesterday from EBAY and the package was from Amazon Prime with no return address or anything. Just a gift note... DA HELL ?!?!?! So who ever you are thank you so much lol. 

• Reefkid88 changed the title to Reefkids: Casa Del Reef (Now with fish)