Cultivated Reef

Feeding and cooling a new 25gal nano.

Tempo

I have been running a 50 gal for the last two years and have recently decided to down/side grade to a smaller tank as I don’t really get to enjoy the tank as much as I would like in its current location and the few fish I have can all fit as far as I am aware in a smaller tank.

My tank currently has a clown pair, bicolour blenny, cleaner shrimp and quite a few mushrooms which will be moving to the nano after it has cycled (I will stagger the move as I don’t want to overload the new tank).

I have been feeding a mixture of flakes, small and medium pellets as well as frozen food about 6 days a week. However recently I have managed to start cultivating phytoplankton and soon copepods (quite difficult to get your hands on where I live) and plan to cultivate white worms as soon as I can find some.

I would like some advice on how my feeding should change with the new feeding options (baby brine shrimp, pods, white worms and phytoplankton) and smaller tank 25 gal down from 50. My only planned addition at this point other than corals are a mandarin after the tank matures.

Bonus question! My cycling 25gal in the office likes to sit at 27 degrees C, are there any nice small coolers to look out for? Otherwise I’ve seen fans over the surface work quite well, I do have an ato so this may be the better plan how much faster does water evaporate with a setup like that?

Thanks in advance I appreciate any and all feedback!

NoOneLikesADryTang

I don’t think I’d change much, as far as feeding goes. If you find they aren’t eating the same amount, then you can cut back amount of food fed and/or how frequently you feed. 

As far as cooling, we use fans, in a much hotter (albeit not very humid) environment (Phoenix). The fans work great in the summer time to cool the tanks. We have them controlled by an inkbird. I’d say we us 30-40% more top off water, than in the winter when the fans aren’t in use.