SaltCritters.com

New! 1.5 Gallon Peninsula AIO Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

“System has chiller and is made of 3/4 inch cast acrylic sealing all sides keeping evaporation to minimal!”

“Plug and Reef shipped to your door!”

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I saw that Ocean Box Design has made this tank but only smaller 1 gallon I believe he has named it Micro-Tank and registered the name.

They are beautifully presented and done with craftsmanship that I can respect.

They are only $349 and he appears to be sold out, who wants mine for same price and I give you the chiller and LED for free, no charge yes free?

8DCCD973-3464-478F-99F5-7706A8E27430.jpeg

C9E876A5-8BEF-4228-96D6-6FF4E36B3683.jpeg

54FA0577-C625-4124-8B41-5E3FC64EDA85.jpeg

CF531670-90DF-4097-9830-E15247CED3BF.jpeg

238FA035-555F-45AF-80A3-7D3866C35BE0.jpeg

• Wow 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I saw the Ocean Box 1 gallon tanks too; like you said, really put together well. But 349 clams for just the tank, goodness! I'd like to talk to those who bought them and ask what they do for a living, because I'm in the wrong career apparently! 😂

On the other hand a pico temperate system decked out? You have me tempted sir! Just wish there were more retailers offering cold water livestock 😔

• Haha 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
20 hours ago, Chowder's Reef said:

I saw the Ocean Box 1 gallon tanks too; like you said, really put together well. But 349 clams for just the tank, goodness! I'd like to talk to those who bought them and ask what they do for a living, because I'm in the wrong career apparently! 😂

On the other hand a pico temperate system decked out? You have me tempted sir! Just wish there were more retailers offering cold water livestock 😔

OceanBox Design is located in Texas and was making some really nice frag tanks, and then recently they moved in on this project hence you see the name Micro-Tank (Registered).  He did a presale of 10 tanks and all orders were filled and he has a huge audience since he has followers on Instagram and FB!

You are correct $349.99 is expensive but these are speciality items that he calls artesian art and well, it is in a class of itself.   Let me explain, a speciality tank or filter is unique and has taken time to sketch out, and fabricate making it into art, they are not mass produced.

For $59.99 you might be able to pick up a Petco, Petsmart or Walmart kit that has everything but in a cheap plastic and well, it is mass produced, everyone owns it or can own it, you have nothing special and mass production is great to feed the masses but it is nothing to talk about or brag.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums and OceanBox Designs exist because one individual has taken the time to get permits, license, learn software and trade.  Also, they take a risk in capital gain if they don’t pay off invoices that they themselves accumulate we will go BANKRUPT, and our credit will be destroyed.

We are tiny mom and pop business that only exist if a select few of you help us out in getting the word of mouth, that will allow us to drop the price in the future!

For example, a group purchase of 12 of my tanks, if I get the money up front I can drag down the price by 30% for the volume to move.  But not one at a time, it is simple supply and demand controls us.

Remember that we rely on disposable income, we don’t make bread to sell bread or sell diapers that we know people need, we are at the mercy of the economy, if it crashes and Covid 19 did hit us, we suffered and almost closed our doors, but we continued to pay electricity and business loans that we took out, the banks do not give us any breaks at all, in fact they strike us with penalized fees for missing deadlines!

I wish I could make all my tanks within grasping hands of every reefer on this board and that is just not possible, I love this hobby so much and like OceanBox Design, I have been a hobbyist all my life and that dates back to 1991 when I was 21 years young and purchased my 1st acrylic 10 gallon long tank with black background from TruVu Aquariums, which is actually the father of my company.

You are correct about the cold water, this system you see,  I want to get out there and you can reef it both cold or warm, you cannot with his, well at least not with that thin of acrylic that he used.  And I will tell you one more thing, EVERY SINGLE NANO TANK THAT I HAVE OWNED OR BUILT, while sealed meaning a top, will overheat and temps will climb, destroying reefs and fish.  They require a chiller so all my tanks come with chillers and that makes for a success story, next to zero evaporation and cover tops on all my tanks to keep critters safe from carpet surfing.

Please help me sell this tank, get my name out, I need your support your ability to spread who we are and why we make tanks like the way we do, and why they are so expensive, not everyone can afford one, but if you had one, I promise you, you would be the only one in your city with that particular tank to show off and make it special to you and others that view it.

Our success is only here because of you, for that I have to salute you for posting on my thread and bumping me for others to read.  I don’t need you to purchase my aquariums but please tell them they are here for anyone that has disposable income and can be captivated by what OceanBox Design and Micro-Reefs Aquariums has to offer.

Respectfully yours,

Mike Guerrero

Owner/Founder

Micro-Reefs Aquariums LLC

• Recommended Discussions