Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New 10 Gallon Nano

KevinS

Hi, I posted before about what I was planning. I got my live rock setup this last week, and wanted to post a picture of it.

Its a 10 gallon, 36x2 PC 10k & actinic lights, 2 maxxijet PH's, 18" aquafuge w/13W jalli PC light, 100w ebo jager heater, about 20lbs LR (some in fuge) 5lbs LS mixed with carib sea reef grade argonite. RO/DI water

Hitchikers found so far are 1 astrea snail, a filter clam (dead or alive, dunno) all kinds of bugs and worms at night. Some feather dusters, and of course the dreaded aiptasia.

Please let me know what you think of the aquascaping, I am not great at it. I have re-arranged it so many times now. Any suggestions appreciated. :) (BTW: using a HOB filter with floss instead of media clears the water up quick!, it was taking forever to settle until I installed this)

Thanks

Kevin S.

Looks good! My suggestion would be to place some of the small rocks on the sides on top of the rocks on the center. This will give you some more room for the sandbed to "breathe". My 2 cents. Good luck with your new tank!

Cool! We both got a 10gal. with a 18" fuge! :) What you should do with the rocks is just stack em up on one another, make it look more natural..

Here's a pic of mine about a month ago..

Archived