SaltCritters.com

Protein Skimmer for AIO Nano

less than bread

less than bread

I am looking for a skimmer for my IM NUVO Fusion 20 gallon. This is the IM skimmer that is made for the tank but you can't get them anywhere. They are all sold out. https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/NuvoSkim-DC™-AIO-Protein-Skimmer-Desktop-p183966314

I've been searching around for a similar sized skimmer to fit in the back chamber and they are apparently hard to find.

The only one with a similar footprint that should fit is this: https://www.coralvue.com/icecap-k1-nano-protein-skimmer

Anyone run an in-chamber protein skimmer for your nano?

quiddmobile

I use a tunze comline 9001 for my 8g AIO. I have to move the default magnet and put the skimmer on its side to fit the back chamber but it works well and is pretty small

• Like 1
less than bread
13 hours ago, quiddmobile said:

I use a tunze comline 9001 for my 8g AIO. I have to move the default magnet and put the skimmer on its side to fit the back chamber but it works well and is pretty small

That looks like a good one. How long have you been running it for?

less than bread
10 hours ago, pal said:

Im skimmer is worthless, ice cap nano works great, don’t know if if fits in your tank

Looking at Amazon reviews on this product, those who have it in Innovative Marine nano tanks mostly say it works. This might be the way to go. How long have you been running it?

• Like 1

I mean they can be helpful,but in a 20g unless you have a system packed to the gills with fish and acro's I wouldn't waste the money. 

The the Icecap K1 woukd fit the bill for your tank. 

• 6 months later...

I just added a reef glass skimmer to my 20ish gallon tank.  More just because it was a good deal and like the style/simplicity of the design.  Figure it can't hurt.