Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Light Controller for the Fluval Evo 13.5

dtransReefs

dtransReefs

I've surfed the internet in searches for a solution to the stock lighting on the Fluval Evo 13.5. You too might also be looking for a solution. Fluval, all I want is to be able to control the blue and white schedules with ramp up/ramp down functions.

I'm going to make an official thread to see what people have done on the forum about this. 

Have you found a solution? Please share.

• Like 1
Bigals-nano-1

When I had the stock light I used a nicrew pro timer to set the ramp up and down program but you can’t control the blue and white lights separately and have to change them manually from blue to white. This is one of main reasons that most people upgrade the stock light. The Fluval marine 22w fits in the stock hood which gives more control ability and people seem to get some good results with it. I personally got rid of the hood and fitted a kessil A160 with a d&d jump guard after using the stock light for about 5 months. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
dtransReefs

Thanks Bigals-nano-1,

I saw some people suggest the Nicrew controller - https://www.amazon.ca/NICREW-Channel-Aquarium-Digital-ClassicLED/dp/B08VS7B1LP/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=Csrts&pf_rd_p=c27c49c8-539c-45fa-bcfc-e8243c666aea&pf_rd_r=3H7MV7GY3K4F6E9D4DYA&pd_rd_r=8a5921ba-14c0-4730-830e-e1f9d91967be&pd_rd_wg=KAJ0q&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1

And with this device, add a seperate LED strip for a moonlight. 

I'm curious if anyone actually hacked the stock light to seperate the two channels.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, dtransReefs said:

Thanks Bigals-nano-1,

I saw some people suggest the Nicrew controller - https://www.amazon.ca/NICREW-Channel-Aquarium-Digital-ClassicLED/dp/B08VS7B1LP/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=Csrts&pf_rd_p=c27c49c8-539c-45fa-bcfc-e8243c666aea&pf_rd_r=3H7MV7GY3K4F6E9D4DYA&pd_rd_r=8a5921ba-14c0-4730-830e-e1f9d91967be&pd_rd_wg=KAJ0q&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1

And with this device, add a seperate LED strip for a moonlight. 

I'm curious if anyone actually hacked the stock light to seperate the two channels.

I have added that dimmer to reduce the brightness to about 60%, not added anything else to the tank set up though

10 hours ago, dtransReefs said:

Devilduck, thanks for the tip!

Did you buy the dimmer from that link or a total seperate dimmer?

I bought the manual dimmer from that link but if you want a ramp up you should get the digital one you have linked. 

• Like 1

I also added the Nicrew Pro controller for the stock light.  Slow ramp up and top out at 50% during peak hrs.  I also added 2 of the 12" blue ReefBars that DevilDuck linked to.  This is one of the most common upgrades when retaining the stock hood.  They come on at 100% when the stock light peaks at 50%.  The ReefBars are on a separate cheap on/off lamp timer.  

I am only a couple of weeks in with this setup but REALLY like it.

Good luck,

Lakedawgs

• Like 2
dtransReefs

Thank everyone - I'm working with the owner from 21LEDUSA to get it shipped to me in Canada.  They got a massive sale going on right now so I ordered 2 of the 1ft Blue reefbars and one of the 8000K to have. I also ordered the Nicrew Pro controller .Thanks for the suggestion Lakedawgs and DevilDuck -you two are the true heroes of today.

Danny - Look out for another Fluval Evo 13.5 journal coming soon! lol

Danny,

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Fluval did a timer that works for the standard lights.. Fluval aquarium light timer. You can increase and decrease power to the light with these. If set at 1% only the blues will come on as they require less power than the white LED’s. I used this years ago.. I think I set the light to ramp up to 100% over a 3 hour period and then ramp down to with similar times.