ReefCleaners.org

Can somebody help me ID this?

CadeL

Hello everyone,

I am quite concerned with the appearance of my clownfish. I picked him up a few days ago and noticed that he had been developing these faint white spots. I tried looking up everything but just couldn’t find what I was looking for, it doesn’t appear to be ich. Although I could still be wrong. Anyway, I took him back to the store I got him and I spoke with the owner and told him everything that I had noticed, such as the fish hasn’t been eating. The owner looked at him and tested my water. He assured me that the fish looked healthy and based on my water test he was fine.

However, the next day comes and I noticed that there were more spots. Now I’m even more concerned.

D421D3E9-AE18-4ED6-AEF7-C819619C3DB0.jpeg

BDA85821-B0D9-48C4-8671-10909C00750C.jpeg

I think it may be (likely some bacterial component at this stage as well)
https://humble.fish/flukes/

Keep an eye out for 
https://humble.fish/brooklynella/

And I don't know if I'd recommend going back to that store, not that flukes aren't common, they are, but the lack of interest (and blaming things on an uncycled tank) is something I expect from hordes of pickle-jar-syndrome addled manchildren on boomerbook, not a professional setting where someone should be trying to help clientele and encourage their continued support.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

^^ I agree, most likely flukes

A 5 min FW dip will provide temp relief and confirm diagnosis: 

If flukes are confirmed, treat with Prazipro 2x, 5-7 days apart.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

If flukes are confirmed, treat with Prazipro 2x, 5-7 days apart.

I always muss that part up, prazi and general cure give poor instructions on kicking things permanently...

• Like 1
23 hours ago, A.m.P said:

I always muss that part up, prazi and general cure give poor instructions on kicking things permanently...

It's actually best to use this treatment calendar to determine when is the best time to add the second dose of either: http://www.marineparasites.com/paratreatmentcal.html

It takes temp & salinity into consideration, both of which determine when larvae from monogeneans (flukes) will emerge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jcrisman2009
On 3/13/2022 at 9:44 AM, CadeL said:

Hello everyone,

I am quite concerned with the appearance of my clownfish. I picked him up a few days ago and noticed that he had been developing these faint white spots. I tried looking up everything but just couldn’t find what I was looking for, it doesn’t appear to be ich. Although I could still be wrong. Anyway, I took him back to the store I got him and I spoke with the owner and told him everything that I had noticed, such as the fish hasn’t been eating. The owner looked at him and tested my water. He assured me that the fish looked healthy and based on my water test he was fine.

However, the next day comes and I noticed that there were more spots. Now I’m even more concerned.

D421D3E9-AE18-4ED6-AEF7-C819619C3DB0.jpeg

BDA85821-B0D9-48C4-8671-10909C00750C.jpeg

Does it romp around in gsp or pulsating Xenia? It could be from one of them? 

• 3 weeks later...