inTank Media Baskets

Saltwater Compatibility Help!

Ab_fore

Looking for some help on compatibility! I have a 55 gallon tank that’s about 2 months old. I’m NOT adding all this now! Right now I have - Hawaiian black sand, live rock, 4 hermit crab and 3 chromis (live rock I got has asterina stars, micro brittle star, bristle worm). Looking to add a couple fish in another month or so. 
I’d love some larger fish in the future so would be so grateful for recommendations there but below are my ideas of what Want if compatible. 
from what I’ve read, I should add the eel last so it’s not as likely to eat new tank mates. 
*Snowflake Eel

*Dwarf Lionfish

*Pajama Cardinalfish

*aipstia eating filefish

*red scooter blenny

*Flame Hawkfish

Let me know if these will go together or if there’s any other larger fish you recommend !!

55 is actually a very small tank for most of those fish.   I like to think of a 55 as the biggest small tank you can get....that way I plan and stock accordingly.

I wouldn't recommend any larger fish, unless you wanted to dedicate the tank to a single specimen – a one-fish tank.   I've done no-fish (coral only), one fish, two fish....all are fine.

Overstocking a tank just makes everything bad though....fish end up crowded and stressed....the tank ends up too small for all the food you need to add to keep the fish happy...this usually leads to more problems unless you're an experienced reefer...and even then there can be problems.

I suggest taking an easier route with more margin of safety in terms of maintaining some "extra space" in the tank....vs "filling it up with fish" like you see lots of folks do.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, Ab_fore said:

*Pajama Cardinal-fish

*red scooter blenny

*Flame Hawkfish

I wouldn't consider these guys "large fish".  Medium.