inTank Media Baskets

Bubble tip anemone question

mark.payton

NoOneLikesADryTang

It seems to like the spot ok, from the picture. 

With that being said, it’s extremely bleached. Keep the tank stable, and if it’ll accept food a couple times a week, feed it and it should bounce back. 

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
35 minutes ago, mark.payton said:

With it being upside down, will it take food from the water (shrimp from frozen cubes), or do I need to feed another way?

It should take food. Just squirt some at it with a turkey baster, with the flow turned off and it’ll grab pieces with its tentacles and take it to its mouth. 

• Like 2
mark.payton

Yes it was in this condition when I bought it, I figured to just let it explore the tank and find its place.

Thanks for the reply!

Mark

next time, dont buy a bleached nem or any bleached coral.  i still think this nem will make it if your water parameters are good.  just let it be.  i had a bleached rock anemone that took 2 months to regain its color.  just feed it and let it be.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Anemones are always a roller coaster ride.

They will do really strange things, shrivel up, expand, hide in dark place, move around a lot, poop from their mouth etc.

Just keep an eye on it and let it do its thing. 

Bad signs are if it detaches and won't reattach to rock or if the mouth gaps open for more than a day.

Make sure your power heads are covered so they don't get chopped up.

• Like 1
mark.payton

Thanks all for the advice.

I'll be using the toe out of some old nylons to cover the power head, this should do the trick...right?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

I’ve bought a bleached nem before. By no means does it mean it’s a death sentence. Just needs some TLC. It’s gonna go through some whack phases of looking okay then flat as a deflated balloon but give it some time and good water quality and it’ll bounce back. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
jcrisman2009
On 2/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, mark.payton said:

I just bought a bubble tip anemone and am unsure if it’s liking its new digs.  Can you tell be the pic?

F789B7B9-E681-48B0-A3E1-53D8866716EE.jpeg

9D07BD49-2BCD-4C8C-AEF1-9760A719DEEE.jpeg

Give it some time. If it’s unhappy where it is then it will move to where it likes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
mark.payton

Recent pic if BTA.

Water parameters are:

Ph-8

Amonia-0.25

Nitrite-0

Nitrate-0

Salinity-1.027

calcium-360ppm

water temp-78.4