ReefCleaners.org

Fluval Spec III light options

rimga123

Good day all!

I am working on a Fluval spec 3 pest tank and I am just not sure what to do with the light. I don't have the stock light that comes with the tank, nor would I want to use it.

Currently I am running a cheap ali-express 10w light. It does the job done but its quite poor. Color is poor and its quite dimm. It works short term.

Plan is to keep some softies and macro algae so it does not have to super bright. I am not sure for which spectrum should I go, full planted tanks style, which looks great on macro algae setups, or more cold white-blue reef tanks style.

Looking for it to be a budget option as well, Might consider a PAR38 style bulb, but only place that would ship to europe at reasonable price is again, Aliexpress. But not quite too fond on the looks.

I have also looked into Blau Nano LED. should be ample with 11w output and it should give me that cold white-blueish look.

Aliexpress also has A SunSun full spectrum dimmable 20w light, which is quite adorable, but again not sure how well it would work out for me.

Does anyone has any experience with putting a light on such tank? what worked, what didn't?

Photo attached of the tank, excuse the ciano its still in full swing of its new tank syndrome.

20220220_221310.jpg