Top Shelf Aquatics

nuvo 10 stocking

FrostedShells20

FrostedShells20

So, I finally got around to prepping for the 10 gallon move and I figured I'd start fresh on stocking. There isn't anything in the 20 currently so I have a lot of options. I was thinking about a pair of geometric pygmy hawkfish or a yellow spotted scorpionfish. What are some other cool suggestions that you guys would recommend? 

Hi

Are you stocking both tanks? I usually start with looking up the fish I want to learn about by checking either Live Aquaria or wet web media just to find out what the MINIMUM recommended tank size is. I have never had either of those fish so no idea if it is appropriate to put them in a 20 or a 10. Hopefully someone else will chime in. 

FrostedShells20
9 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Hi

Are you stocking both tanks? I usually start with looking up the fish I want to learn about by checking either Live Aquaria or wet web media just to find out what the MINIMUM recommended tank size is. I have never had either of those fish so no idea if it is appropriate to put them in a 20 or a 10. Hopefully someone else will chime in. 

I’m planning on slowly transitioning all the coral and rock and whatnot to the 10 gallon so I’m only stocking for the 10.

One of my favorite additions was/is my little tailspot blenny. A 10 may be on the smaller side but they don't need alot of open swimming space. They just hide among the rocks and come out to nip at film algea. He's got a great personality and it's always so funny watching his little face. He has this huh look on his face all the time. Maybe wait until u get some algea growth in the tank because atleast mine doesn't touch algea tabs. Not the most exotic looking fish but his cute face and silly face make it worth it.