Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

White fungus or sponge? Let it grow?

Reefer_Thomas
Go to solution Solved by WV Reefer,

Reefer_Thomas

Hi All,

I have a zoa frag with a white fungus or sponge on it. It started at this frag, but now I have it on 2 other places on the rock. The zoas on the picture are closed due to the glass cleaning for the picture and it is also more visible now that they are closed. Normally they are fully open, so I do not know if this is really bothering them. It does spread and I can easily peal it off, but it just comes back afterwards. Does anybody know what this is and if I need to take any action?

Zoa with white fungus or sponge - small.JPG

• Like 1
  • Solution
2 minutes ago, Reefer_Thomas said:

Hi All,

I have a zoa frag with a white fungus or sponge on it. It started at this frag, but now I have it on 2 other places on the rock. The zoas on the picture are closed due to the glass cleaning for the picture and it is also more visible now that they are closed. Normally they are fully open, so I do not know if this is really bothering them. It does spread and I can easily peal it off, but it just comes back afterwards. Does anybody know what this is and if I need to take any action?

Zoa with white fungus or sponge - small.JPG

Sponge. No biggie.
If it’s too aggressive just keep pulling it off. Sometimes they can come and go pretty quickly. 

• Agree 1