ReefCleaners.org

IM/WB 25 lagoons

mrjoe

So I'm in the research phase of my getting back into saltwater after a 20 hiatus... I'm looking at AIO's, specifically IM, Waterbox etc.. While I like the look of the IM25 being long and not as high, I have heard from my LFS's of poor customer service from IM and waterbox as well as IM's having issues with the overflow wall separating or bowing.. So my question is to all of you that have these is what has been your experience as far as the workmanship and support after the sale.. The one thing that has me leaning towards the WB is fact that it has a glass overflow wall which would make it easier to scrape and clean if I had to do that.. Btw it will hopefully be a mixed reef tank with a few clowns etc.. Are there any other tanks I should look at also? thoughts??

thanks,

/joe

I have a waterbox and I like the glass back wall. I feel the quality is excellent. The stock pump definitely needed replacing though. I can’t speak to customer service because I haven’t had any issues. 

I am curious if your LFS sells either brand or if they are steering you away to suggest something else they sell?

Regardless, you will find tons of happy customers of either brand here and I don’t think you could go wrong with either. When it comes to the waterbox vs IM debate my advice is always the same, which is you cannot go wrong with either, so find one that has the dimensions you want. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

I have a waterbox and I like the glass back wall. I feel the quality is excellent. The stock pump definitely needed replacing though. I can’t speak to customer service because I haven’t had any issues. 

I am curious if your LFS sells either brand or if they are steering you away to suggest something else they sell?

Regardless, you will find tons of happy customers of either brand here and I don’t think you could go wrong with either. When it comes to the waterbox vs IM debate my advice is always the same, which is you cannot go wrong with either, so find one that has the dimensions you want. 

so all 3 do not sell IM anymore due to customer service issues, 1 sells WB only and the last one sells neither due to customer service issues but has one made by hydra(?) which looks basically the same (with glass overflow wall) but the sump looks very thin to me..

NoOneLikesADryTang

I have a couple of IM tanks, and no complaints. I’ve never had to reach out to their customer service for anything, though. They do seem pretty responsive on their Facebook group, for what that’s worth. The mighty jet return pump from IM is terrific. 

I’ve never had a waterbox tank, but they seem to be quality aquariums. 

Another option that might be worth looking in to, would be UNS. They recently came out with a line of AIO aquariums. 

Fijicube is another good option. Their 32g AIO tank has the same footprint as the IM 25 Lagoon but is 4 inches taller. If you plan on adding any sps corals, that extra 4" will come in handy. 

Fijicube is similar to Waterbox in quality but they do use acrylic for their baffles similar to IM. 

• 3 months later...