Coral Vue Hydros

Green Ascent on Clownfish

Braedyn

Hi, I had just recently gotten a ocellaris and a gladiator clownfish from petco a couple days ago. I realized the gladiator had like a green shimmer and came to find answers in forums. The only thing I’ve found is another forum from 2011 that had the same thing but no one could explain it. I took a couple pictures but they aren’t the best. If anyone has any information I’d love to learn about it. Thanks.

A9F62076-E43E-4326-ABD2-6E83B237630E.jpeg

43524B4C-9564-4B65-92FB-F8D8ACC9460A.jpeg

A1AAC7AA-D2AF-4355-A9AD-A65DD9161B08.jpeg

I just saw another forum on a clownfish with a blue coloration. I had a friend come check it out and also agreed it was weird how it was green. I wish I could get a good picture because the pictures don’t do the lines any justice.

10 hours ago, Braedyn said:

I just saw another forum on a clownfish with a blue coloration. I had a friend come check it out and also agreed it was weird how it was green. I wish I could get a good picture because the pictures don’t do the lines any justice.

Some of them seem to start re-expressing old damselfish/chromis genes and coloration 

https://reefbuilders.com/2018/03/05/blue-clownfish/

My black snowflake has a lot of blue pigmentation in it as well. It appears green sometimes depending on the lighting. Natural sunlight hitting the tank makes it appear a lot more green than blue.