ReefCleaners.org

Fishless cycle Evo 13.5

mattnano13.5

So tank has been up and running for 10 days now I have added turbostart900 at a high dose around day 5. So I dosed ammonia up to 2ppm 24 hours ago and about 12 hours in I was down to 1ppm then now 12 more hours witch is the full 24 hours is down to 0.50 I believe (hard to tell with this stupid kit) so should I dose ammonia back up to 2ppm? And keep doing that? Or what’s the next move and my nitrites and nitrates are both high so I know the cycle is doing it’s job. Dry rock live sand.  

or should I wait for ammonia to drop to 0-0.25ppm then dose back up? 

making a new thread won’t get you new info, it’ll be a direct repeat of all you’ve seen making you pick between several status offers. An exact repeat will begin regardless of the forum posted 

To help show your cycle is done:

if you searched the entire internet, can you find an example of a Fritz cycle not being completed by day ten after feeding it?

time for personal reading and research so my claim won’t sound made up

When you read about incomplete bottle bac cycles, watch how they wrestle over what cheap nh4 test kits say while not factoring the nh3 conversion from the instructions which is what reefs use 

A truly stalled or incomplete cycle means: dead fish

have you ever seen a Fritz cycle directly kill fish when added, even if added on day 1

You now have the answer + something new for your posts. If you can find one single dead Fritz cycle, reconfirm yours. If you can’t, don’t.

now is the time for resolve 

change your wastewater for new, because it’s full of algae fuel in the constant ammonia doses already given which comes from rules set by bottle bac sellers so we doubt water bacteria in water might not set up shop, we over dose bacteria on kits that can’t handle the levels, and we will need more bottled bacteria to hopefully coax them to do so 

don’t add fish to a dry start cycle until you specifically choose a disease prevention protocol among reads that can be searched. It does no good to put fish into a ready cycle only for them to die of brook by June.

I was honestly wanting you to see in self directed reading outside the board that bottle bac cycles can carry fish on day one, and digital nh3 meters like seneye agree and don’t require verifying over and over. It will be apparent that cycling is easy, and instant from a bottle, and disease within 6 mos is where all the fish losses you can source will be seen.

Do you notice that as people relay cycle timing info to one another on forums, the standard is consistently: how long their non seneye nh4 readings took to reach zero 

(to seneye owners, have you ever seen a zero ammonia reading in your cycled reef, since owning the tester? Hmm, how did zero ammonia become a status rule then? Makes one wonder who wrote the rules)

and they’re just typed relays of info, rarely a test pic, .5 to one person is 1 ppm to another and yet .25 to another under better kitchen lighting… stated cycling params are absolutely never an answer converted into nh3 which again is the only form of ammonia reefers care about. All the subjective reports, the incorrect api and Red Sea fill levels, all add up to making cycles seem stalled but they don’t stall, our ability to read and produce test kits off non digital gear is the only thing that stalls

that’s why you searching the web for instances of dead fish after -any- brand of bottle bac added is better than sampling a bunch of subjective color and timing relays that no seneye owner in the world agree are accurate anyway.

your cycle is done, change water, add 3 easy starter corals/ some clean up crew and practice for a while reefing before you add fish. Specifically don’t jump from cycle end date challenges to purchasing fish without understanding disease prevention options. Even though your tank will carry fish now, losing them to velvet or brook by June circumvents all this cycling effort underway.

*********if cycle umpires had to relay worked links showing living fish, or dying fish after using bottle bac, and had to omit non-seneye ammonia data, hobbyists understanding of true cycle timing would change drastically. It remains unchanged, because they won’t 🙂

give honest self-directed search effort from any reef board on the web, international ones included using Google translator if you want know global patterns, and see if you can find any pattern of fish dying after they’re put into a bottle bac cycle. If you can’t find such a pattern, stop doubting your cycle and begin researching how not to lose fish in a dry start reef to brook or velvet by June 

(fallow and quarantine)