Coral Vue Hydros

Friendly duncan?

MisturrTinnie

MisturrTinnie

I have two types of duncans pretty close to each other, and a couple of the heads aren't opening. My question is will duncans sting each other within the same family? I might have to separate them. 

MisturrTinnie
13 hours ago, Murphych said:

Yep Duncan's are good with each other..

The very small verity can be fickle with normal Duncan's but usually they are good

I have a bunch... 

Yeah I noticed they were out today, maybe something else has agitated it before. Hopefully they can stay happy next to each other because the color differences look awesome.

• Like 1

I've got 2 duncans - and they are open and closed at random times for no reason I've been able to make sense of.  Everything else in my tank is doing well, and so are the Duncans, Either one can randomly choose not to open while the other si fine.

I even had one morning where I was looking for the duncan head around the tank - b/c I just saw the stony end base and swore it was decapitated.  Prior days the head had been extended quite a bit more than normal.  By  mid-day it was extended fully and happy as can be.

It's a strange species in my experience

• Like 2
MisturrTinnie
4 hours ago, Jakesaw said:

I've got 2 duncans - and they are open and closed at random times for no reason I've been able to make sense of.  Everything else in my tank is doing well, and so are the Duncans, Either one can randomly choose not to open while the other si fine.

I even had one morning where I was looking for the duncan head around the tank - b/c I just saw the stony end base and swore it was decapitated.  Prior days the head had been extended quite a bit more than normal.  By  mid-day it was extended fully and happy as can be.

It's a strange species in my experience

Strange but I love them, after my torches though. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, MisturrTinnie said:

Strange but I love them, after my torches though. 

Torches are cool.  I haven't treid one b/c of the space requirement, but Doing well with Hammers.  They are currently my favorite coral in the 10 gallon.