Top Shelf Aquatics

Invert for a 3 Gallon

Poodges

Need ideas for the “main attraction” in a 3 gallon Fluval spec… it’s for a tank in my daughter’s room.  I’m thinking maybe a coral banded shrimp?  What else ya got?

FBC9D6BE-929F-44A4-BFF5-B971321395EB.thumb.jpeg.eb1ecc859639f42cd04f4481477d37b2.jpeg

No Coral banded shrimp, too big and can be aggressive. Definitely sexy shrimp, they are really fun to watch. You could also have a scarlet cleaner or fire/blood shrimp. Pom pom crab if you can find one. Halloween hermit crab is fun too. 

• Like 2

Coral banded shrimp can get to be something like 5 inches, so yeah I think they're too big.  Sexy shrimp are a good choice, most other anemone shrimp aren't nearly as hardy and they get along with others well.  A pom-pom crab is a classic small tank invert, but something like a peppermint shrimp or a camel shrimp would probably be an appropriate size.

Porcelain crabs look cool, but they will need some particulate food and if not the anemone dwelling variety, they will be just out of sight most of the time.

Honestly, something like a mini carpet nem and some sexy shrimp or a porcelain anemone crab could be great as one will host in the other, but I don't know if the default lights will sustain an anemone.

• Like 2

Gold/Yellow/Blue Coral Banded Shrimp stay smaller and are relatively peaceful. The normal CBS is too large and can be aggressive.

As for other possible ideas:

-Saron Shrimp (S. marmoratus)

-Porcelain Anemone Crab

-White Spotted Anemone Shrimp

-Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

-Squat Lobster

-Sexy Shrimp

-Gaudy Clown Crab --> Needs specialized diet of palys to thrive

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Gold/Yellow/Blue Coral Banded Shrimp stay smaller and are relatively peaceful. The normal CBS is too large and can be aggressive.

As for other possible ideas:

-Saron Shrimp (S. marmoratus)

-Porcelain Anemone Crab

-White Spotted Anemone Shrimp

-Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

-Squat Lobster

-Sexy Shrimp

-Gaudy Clown Crab --> Needs specialized diet of palys to thrive

Thanks so much for the list Snow.  I’ll research those as well 

• Thanks 1

The blue coral banded only gets to 3 inches, A cleaner shrimp is more active though and may be more entertaining for a child. 

I also recommend porcelain nem crabs. They stay out fanning a lot. 

• Like 5