Cultivated Reef

Hermit Crab shedded limbs

Panda4evah

Hey, so today my hermit crab shedded his limbs. Ive identified that it was most likely stress due to his cage humidity, (I went on vacation recently had someone take care of him by turning on his humidifier but because of his new setup the humidifier was blocked from reaching him.) it was low (Its above 75 now) i recently got new decor. And his tankmate had recently passed away (I hadn't provided the right care at the time. Now ive completely revamped his tank and done plenty of research and his conditions are pretty good). He ended up shedding 4 legs and his claw. Im mainly concerned about the amount. It was quite a lot at one time, should i be worried about how many he shedded at once? Im also concerned because he shedded his claw, any other things i should do for him because he shedded his claw too? I was planning on introducing a new tankmate before this happened. Should I hold off untill his claw grows back as to not cause anymore unneeded stress?

Also heres some information just in case its important.

Food: Usually various safe fruits and vegetables along with pellets and coconut flakes.

Has de-chlorinated freshwater and salt water available.

20 gallon

1 Caribbean Hermit crab 

Sand substrate and coconut bedding in his cave

Usual behavior fairly active at night and sometimes find him sleeping under his plants. 

I would say hes about one year old or so, possibly older.

I also checked for mites and found none.

I can provide much more information and pictures if needed. I had seem him move around but i didnt want to stress him about by picking him up, i will do so if needed though.

Thank you!