Innovative Marine Aquariums

Light change on Evo 13.5

DaveMc

Hi every one,

Have a question. I currently have a Evo 13.5 AIO tank with soft corals in it for now. Still running stock lighting but looking at the AI Prime 16 to replace it with. Does anyone have any suggestions on the settings to use for it and also if anyone uses it could you let me know what you think of it?

27 minutes ago, reefer_evo5 said:

Hey dave maybe you can try a preset from AI website https://www.aquaillumination.com/lightsciences/signature-series.And I think BRS has a downloadable schedule specific for the AI prime. 

25 minutes ago, reefer_evo5 said:

I use the David zaxby preset from AI website on my 20 gallon tank with lps and soft corrals only and they seem to like the schedule. 

Cool, will check them out now 😃 !

chasingcorals17

I use the NICREW 50watt for the fluval 13.5. Really good light, set and forget, put it on a timer. I bought from amazon and has a good par diagram to see if thats what you need

• Like 2

For an Evo, you probably want around 25-40 watts total depending on what you keep with a peak of 4-6 hours and a couple hours ramp up/down.

If you pick a preset, the biggest thing is making sure you aren't blasting your coral with too much light and bleaching it.

You can also browse tanks you like with a prime and ask for someone's settings as a starting point. I've got a couple over a 16" deep tank if you need.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chasingcorals17 said:

I use the NICREW 50watt for the fluval 13.5. Really good light, set and forget, put it on a timer. I bought from amazon and has a good par diagram to see if thats what you need

I will check it out. Haven't used Nicrew but have heard some good reviews on them. Will take a look 😃

20 minutes ago, jservedio said:

For an Evo, you probably want around 25-40 watts total depending on what you keep with a peak of 4-6 hours and a couple hours ramp up/down.

If you pick a preset, the biggest thing is making sure you aren't blasting your coral with too much light and bleaching it.

You can also browse tanks you like with a prime and ask for someone's settings as a starting point. I've got a couple offer a 16" deep tank if you need.

Great info. Currently just have a few softies, RFA and CUC. Love the way they make the tank look. Been checking some others but keep getting pulled back to the AI. Appreciate the offer...will definitely let you know 😄