ReefCleaners.org

Pico Reef Feeding Frequency

yodav

What are your recommendations on feeding frequency? (I use a pinch of Coral Feast (in 10ml of tankwater) and currently feed once a week and do a 50% water change once a week) No testing/monitoring currently. Corals are doing fine for the last few months <purchased in the last 3-6months>. The tank itself has been running since 2020 but I am just now finding rhythm/settling in. I want the corals to grow but not at the cost of contaminating the water so I'd rather not feed if they will stay happy but grow slowly.

Aquarium is 4.4 gallon pico with the following frags: 6 stylophoras (1 is arriving next week), 3 birdsnest (1 is arriving next week) , 4 hammers, 1 red bowerbanki 1 cyphastrea, 1 leptastrea, 1 forest fire monti arriving next week)

XR15PRO g4

old mp10 with foam guard (to protect masked goby and pederson shrimp)

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, yodav said:

(to protect masked goby and pederson shrimp)

Are you feeding these also or just the coral?

If the tank has been running since 2020 and your happy with the current growth rate and Maintenace schedule. Why change?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Are you feeding these also or just the coral?

If the tank has been running since 2020 and your happy with the current growth rate and Maintenace schedule. Why change?

Just broadcast feeding the corals. The animals may get one or two tiny mysis pellets a week. 

Just wondering if it will hurt to feed more (I guess I would like slightly more growth but it's probably best I leave it alone haha). Especially if feeding more means two water changes a week.