SaltCritters.com

Nanocube 28 stocking

Kenred47

Hey all,

so Nanocube 28 is setup and everything is running. Cycle is about to finish so it’s time to think about livestock. I already have an ocellaris and a purple firefish that will be moving from my 7 gallon Nano to the new tank, so keep that in mind. As far as other fish go here is what I was thinking:

-sixline wrasse

-baggani cardinal

-yellow watchman goby (possibly a pistol shrimp too?? Have seen very mixed reviews on this)

-mandarin goby (in the future but want to save a spot for him)

- another ocellaris for my lonely clown

Other notables that could swap in: 

- blue jawfish

-tailspot blenny

Will these fish be compatible? I have seen other people keep ymg and mandarins together in similar size tanks but I want to be sure it’s a good choice for the long run. Also any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kenred47 said:

Hey all,

so Nanocube 28 is setup and everything is running. Cycle is about to finish so it’s time to think about livestock. I already have an ocellaris and a purple firefish that will be moving from my 7 gallon Nano to the new tank, so keep that in mind. As far as other fish go here is what I was thinking:

-sixline wrasse

-baggani cardinal

-yellow watchman goby (possibly a pistol shrimp too?? Have seen very mixed reviews on this)

-mandarin goby (in the future but want to save a spot for him)

- another ocellaris for my lonely clown

Other notables that could swap in: 

- blue jawfish

-tailspot blenny

Will these fish be compatible? I have seen other people keep ymg and mandarins together in similar size tanks but I want to be sure it’s a good choice for the long run. Also any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

A mandarin in a 28 nanocube is not a good choice if you want an easy long run. the size of the tank means doing pod cultures (with maybe phyto cultures) or buying pods very often. 

For the other fish, I have heard that a sixline can be aggressive with other fish and new addition. furthermore, mandarin and wrasse have the same niche. Your wrasse would compete for food with your mandarin. 

A pink streaked wrasse (one of the dwarf wrasses) would be a better choice, it's smaller and is very peaceful (but more costly than a sixline).

• Like 3