ReefCleaners.org

Is there anyway to get rid of ALL bristle worms?

Rowena

prazipro never harmed any of my bristle worms the numerous times I have used it. It doesn't even harm my feather dusters.

I do wonder where the info came from that it harms other worms... it doesn't at the recommended dose anyways.

The sixline is cute! No idea if he will truly be of any help but I hope so. I have numerous wrasse and numerous worms :eek:

• Like 3
On 1/29/2022 at 10:16 AM, Tamberav said:

prazipro never harmed any of my bristle worms the numerous times I have used it. It doesn't even harm my feather dusters.

I do wonder where the info came from that it harms other worms... it doesn't at the recommended dose anyways.

The sixline is cute! No idea if he will truly be of any help but I hope so. I have numerous wrasse and numerous worms :eek:

Thats good to know. I have never used it in my DT only in QT to treat new fish.

This is from the Hikari site though

Compatibilities: There are no known compatibility issues with the use of Liquid PraziPro® except for use in marine (saltwater) systems where flatworms of the Polycladida order are being cultured and when used where feather duster worms (sabellidae) or delicate worm-type relatives are kept. For heavily stocked aquariums or marine aquariums with lots of coral, added aeration is suggested.

Perhaps another option is looking into peroxide dosing. I do know that peroxide will kill bristle worms just not sure of dosing requirements.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Perhaps another option is looking into peroxide dosing. I do know that peroxide will kill bristle worms just not sure of dosing requirements.

The amount required to kill bristleworms would kill inverts and fish as well.

• Like 2

In that case, if i wanted to eradicate bristle or fireworms from a tank i would remove everything from a small dt that i want to keep alive and temporarily house them in another tank, Removing corals from attached rocks and any plugs. Then you could Nuke the tank with peroxide and monitor for a cycle.Corals and such dipped in revive to kill any hitch hikers. Once your DT is Back to safe parameters you can add back your livestock.

Just do your research using peroxide and handling it if using a high concentration.

Not my video but just something to check out.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:48 AM, Rowena said:

Hi is there anyway to get rid of ALL bristle worms? I started my 20 gallon tank 4 months ago with Marco rock and dry sand. I dipped everything other than fish and snails but today I saw a giant bristle worm, which means there must be more. No matter how good they are as CUC, I mentally couldn’t look at them and I even have issue get close to my tank now. Wrasse wouldn’t fit my tank size. any other ways to kill them ALL? Or is my only option just giving up the tank?

I came across Olive Snails which are said to eat left over food AND bristle worms.

https://seahorsesavvy.com/collections/package-deals-1/products/special3-pack-olive-snails-known-for-eating-bristleworms

• Like 1