inTank Media Baskets

Changing lighting?

nanodave2348

I have the ai prime hd and I’m currently running one of the signature series schedules. It’s been running on the same corals for about 2-3 months. I don’t feel like the corals are responding too well to it and was thinking about trying a different preset…. Any one know how I can do that without just switching to a different one and shocking everything? The only thing I can think of is week by week changing the settings little by little to morph into the new preset… that’s a lot of work. I didn’t know if I could switch and that would be ok and I’m over thinking it or am I on the right track and shouldn’t just change it. Any one who has any experience on doing something like this please let me know. Thanks. 

NoOneLikesADryTang

It’s unlikely that the light and/or program you’re running is the issue. It takes corals a while to adjust to your tank parameters, before you’ll start seeing growth in your tank. Every time you change something, to a certain extent, you’re restarting the clock on the corals adjusting to your tank. 

With that being said, I like the AB+ program on the AI lights. I’d recommend when you do switch that you run it in acclimation mode for 30 days (it will start it lower and slowly move it up over the month for you.)

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

It’s unlikely that the light and/or program you’re running is the issue. It takes corals a while to adjust to your tank parameters, before you’ll start seeing growth in your tank. Every time you change something, to a certain extent, you’re restarting the clock on the corals adjusting to your tank. 

With that being said, I like the AB+ program on the AI lights. I’d recommend when you do switch that you run it in acclimation mode for 30 days (it will start it lower and slowly move it up over the month for you.)

I appreciate the feed back, I’ve heard good things about AB+ but I can’t get a preset download cause I don’t have fbook. You don’t have it by chance do you?

NoOneLikesADryTang

It won’t let me upload the file, but its: 

UV - 119%

V - 116%

RB - 79%

B - 80%

G - 4%

R - 4%

CW - 19%

On our SPS tank we bumped up the blues and whites, for more par, but our mixed reef is running the above percentages.