Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RODI

Toomanymatts

Hi there,

I used to have a large fish only salt water tank forever ago.  I'm planning to get back into it. This time around I want to invest in rodi system for my water. I did pretty well with tap last time, but this time I want to get into corals.  Tough part for me is I rent and I really don't want to mess with the apartments plumbing. Is there a way to hook the rodi to a powerhead and push water through it?  I'm invisioning going from one bucket to another in the bath tub, draining the waste down the tub. Is this feasible?  

16 minutes ago, Toomanymatts said:

Is there a way to hook the rodi to a powerhead and push water through it?  I'm invisioning going from one bucket to another in the bath tub, draining the waste down the tub. Is this feasible?  

NOPE.  

I use 5 gallon storage containers and my experience is in a Laundry sink w/ garden hose adapter  ( or bathtub would work ) in case you walk away from project is good idea.  I've forgotten about water being filled a few times and overflow goes to sink drain.  Also need a drain for your rejected RO water membrane

You need water line pressure to push water through the tubing to get your RO membrane to work

71mxKnwP99L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

simplest way in an apartment I can think of would be adding a diverter adapter to toilet or sink cold water line - if they have flexible tube for cold water line vs being hard lined with copper tubing.  Just unscrew add diverter attachment and re-attach flex line.  You can probably get on 

https://www.amazon.com/TOTOMO-Push-Angle-Adapter-Valve/dp/B07GZ23ZWL/ref=sr_1_1?crid=115OUXQ59YX8F&keywords=ro%2Fdi%2Bwater%2Bline%2Bdiverter&qid=1642998207&sprefix=ro%2Fdi%2Bwater%2Bline%2Bdiverter%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-1&th=1

OR 

Kitchen Faucet aerator with diverter - or Garden Hose adapter

\\963d41edff781b5ad3bb2ce46b10f87d&f=1&nof

• Like 1