Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hello from Northern Maryland!

MartianArmada

MartianArmada

Hello all! I figured I'd start up a thread and introduce myself. I have been in the freshwater game for a while and figured I'd make the (expensive) move to salt for a new fun challenge. I purchased a Recife Eco 24 second hand on FB Marketplace for a deal recently and have been setting it up!

Currently, we have:

• Orbit R24 LED Light
  • Orbit 660GPH wave maker
  • ~20lbs dry rock
  • 20lbs live sand
  • 1L Seachem Matrix in the back filter chambers (I like this for fresh so figured I'd toss it in my salt tank)

I hope to get a pair of clowns soon and follow the Lasse Method (source) for cycling my tank. After the tank has been running for a bit, we'll get a diverse CUC and then some easyish corals afterwards. I like the idea of a bubble-tip anemone for my clowns to play with so hopefully I'm feeling up to the task!

Anywho here's a photo of my tank as it sits (light in cleaning mode because the blue is IMPOSSIBLE to photograph):

Xb45zPa0D_NDCiOdCP1w2mcYrK9zOxd3WSSYeg0JpPEuVFEAkxgZuJyuqJcI2MXw05Ffzd06LxFHfRzyj0GiyaR-8vp_aOHovZqlR9kqqX1FwRso2QQ-UMUFoLWgld3XCsfwRaICoThnB3Qvj2ebIlnFWK3w5fxjWq46H6Ijv-6eOPZyYuVaRFh4xQ46iHrcM60TiSC2obyX3qP7u0-aBhPuLVIExeeO5iNxklC-KFQzUKOZM9XBymagf-46g7qy0goBTs4T5ZSL3HCQM3KBvO69B7I7tXLh9CaQjRIsJ8FIGgiCYWMyOH03G6UBsJ1IbAPFaLvN3JeSWRSK0PlCWShLy9TmYoICy_JXmjcZL75ZgYoTA5saVKFZP1TDQse5brewxgzhB8-Li60pgumBcgGqdqLJxnDo8PFwlN2DLVHdSFcHfJwJ6Pi5haeWkkQMqZ2D2TRaZ-emN11PxfEpPWeQkLst9ohBtMteDp6cIBZmc8eYMBX2Fb9mGryCQz3-lLoYoyIbmNo4NRKjAPUwoTCsb6MaCWaNlR3lK2ge2Nj7MhGIyxL1OjYUuR9HrQNyCgKRIyD0NKbtkBOpQ22ujADCpZmIkAFhYbBblHUur8Um0p0mJdzS2SNCK63lfZ_7wtizcIfmftxk9d8pvtPco7_5riQr6PNwONn3OGKXZFE1z3D_8Z05yiuXcqPgRi9W4R9kVFos3yEK8UmwrobAXbcq=w714-h947-no?authuser=0

Some questions I had...

Do we think seachem matrix is really needed in those chambers?

Should I remove the large coarse sponge from chamber 1 in the filter section?

If I remove both of those things, it seems like the whole rear filtration area is just useless!

• Like 1